superchargers on eby bolt on and go??

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
s13s130

ive seen many frontier/exterra supperchargers for sale on ebay.ive asked some questions but havent got any answers yet.can i just buy one and then buy the plumbing and lower manifold and go on my 03 non supercharged crecab ?if they had offered a s/c 5spd i would have just bought it that way.but they only did in 02 and they were far and few between id realy like to do this if its possible.i had the nissan parts dep. check to see if the injectors or pistons had different part #'s and they said they were the same.i also asked jim wolf but they were not sure because they said they have not been doing post 96 ecu's yet so any info would be great

NISTECH

there are differences between the engine and ecm programming. the lower bearings are different ,and I am not sure but I believe the rods are different. Everything between the heads will need to be swapped for a supercharger.

s13s130

when you say everything between the heads you mean all intake piping and the lower mainfold and the s/c or is there more to the story ?

NISTECH

no all components attached to the lower intake and all components attached to the supercharger as well as the intake tube from the SC to the aircleaner. Most importantly are the crank and rod bearings they are more beefy then the NA version of the VG33

phatmax95

So it sounds this is a major undertaking.. My friend was wondering about this for his frontier.. How much more power does the S/C give?

NISTECH

Not enough to be worth the effort. You would be better off turboing it if you want a real gain.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”