Supercharger for the 3.7 VQ engine

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Jaymes
Car: 2017 QX50 BEAST WAGON

Hi, I know I am probably not going to get a lot of response in this subforum, but I figure I'd make a thread about supercharging the VQ37VHR engine that is in some of our cars

I know there is the Stillen kit that exists for the 370z, G37, and Q50. I know there is another kit that gets talked about, called GTM kit. Does anyone have any experience with these kits or adding FI to this engine? Can I buy the kit for the G37 and would it work on my 2017 QX50? I would like to squeeze a few more HP out of my daily driver to give it some extra kick. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks

Dzionassi
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX50

Stillen is not the best, people having problems with it. Turbo is a way to go.
Just get exhaust, hi-flow cats/test pipes, intake, tune and call it a day.

Jaymes
Car: 2017 QX50 BEAST WAGON

Dzionassi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:16 pm
Stillen is not the best, people having problems with it. Turbo is a way to go.
Just get exhaust, hi-flow cats/test pipes, intake, tune and call it a day.
Hi, thanks for replying. Interesting to hear that, seeing how Stillen is a big company for Nissan/Infiniti aftermarket. Are you talking about custom fitting a turbo and finding a good tuner? I have thought about that as well, but I have never turbo'd any of my cars before.

By the way, I really like what you have done to your car. Do you mind sharing details or making a thread about your car? Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”