Supercharged Infiniti G25??

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Boosted_Andy

Supercharged Infiniti G25??

Postby Boosted_Andy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 am

Hello guys,
I'll be getting my first car soon hopefully by the end of this year....it's an 07' Nissan 250GT(I'm in Kenya) for some $8K including taxes. I wanted something that was sporty, practical, reliable, somewhat modable and doesn't break the bank. I was wondering if there were any supercharger kits available for the VQ25HR that I'd like installed a couple years from now, I was looking at one from Stillen however it's for the 3.5 and 3.7L VQ's and not too sure whether that can be implemented on the VQ25HR safely. If not what safe affordable performance upgrades do you guys recommend for the VQ25HR??

EdBwoy

Re: Supercharged Infiniti G25??

Postby EdBwoy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 am

Hello and welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, to my knowledge the G25 models are few and far in between in the States. And I would assume the people that bought them these sides were interested in the G body, RWD and a modest fuel economy, rather than crazy performance.

If you still have the option and the means, I would do my best to get the VQ35 or 37 engine. As you are finding out, those have vastly more modding support. Otherwise, you'd be pioneering... or shoot Stillen an email to see what they think.
Then I am also aware of other options like HKS superchargers or whatever the Japanese brethren have been doing, so you will not have to be limited to shipping from the States.

Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge on the platform, so I'll move your topic to the G subforum for more knowledgeable responses:
g35-forum-and-g37-forum.html

Boosted_Andy

Re: Supercharged Infiniti G25??

Postby Boosted_Andy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am

That's what I feared, thanks a lot for the advice and assistance though,....hopefully I'll be moving to a G37 or 370z in the near future :)

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”