SUPER URGENT HELP NEEDED CA18 CRANKS NO FIRE!!!!

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Trimmer19
Car: Nissan 240sx s13 300bhp gangster

Hi all Serioulsly need some urgent advice..

Ca18det, stage 2, 444cc, fmic r33, gt28r turbo.
Car cut out whilst reving at petrol station just after filling it up.
Car has always been hesitant on start-ups running rich. I thought this was possibly down to o2 sensor being removed by previous owner. But shakes VIOLENTLY and vibrates like a ship if no throttle iz applied whilst firing it up.Injectors checked fuel Ok, splitfire titanium plugs. Mafs ok, Note: iacv replaced next day wouldn't fire changed back to old iacv no fire.... code 34. Checked knock sensor wires broken hanging, thats strange as it ran with the wire off before that ecu never showed a code was just hesitant, if throttle held for a min or two revs slightly improved. Checked Knock sensor Could only see a Few strands of wire out the Knock sensor. Busted wire though.

Reset timing Tdc marks line up 39/48. Car started advanced the timing and it was idling ok. Idle was high. But squeezed the air reg pipe off fmic revs calmed down. Slow revs engine pinged abit of retarding slightly cas ping sort of went away.

Gave it some revs some white smoke car was stuttering. Now cranks won't fire. Could it be down to Knock sensor ecu defo showing 34??? Would greatly appreciate some advice here...

Cams
Car: 1993 Nissan 200sx CA18(DET) RS13
2002 Mitsubishi Airtrek JDM 4G63T (wife)
2013 Scion FR-S
2016 Infiniti QX50

Hi, I'm no expert, and I haven't had any real issues on my CA for a while, but have you checked if you get spark from the coil packs? Like putting a screw driver in it and see? (be careful, dont hold it while starting the car)

Do you have another Power Transistor / Igniter to test?

If it turns and has fuel, the only thing I can think of is spark, or worse case ECU.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Sounds like a bad ground/bad ignition amplifier to me. Something related to spark. Are the plugs wet? If so, you're getting fuel, it's just not lighting off. You'll need to dry/replace the plugs, then check for spark.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”