Super Steam deal (for you video game nerds like me)

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
TylerNine
Car: 180sx

Idk how many people here are gamers, but, I just thought I'd sure this pretty crazy awesome deal with y'all.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11027/

Includes 34 items: BRINK, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Commander Keen, DOOM 3, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, DOOM II, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money, Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts, Fallout New Vegas, etc etc.

I apologize if this isn't the type of stuff that's welcome here, but for $70 bucks, this is super steal for any gamer, mild or extreme.

PoorManQ45

This is always welcome here!

There are some awesome deals on that list!

My steam name is poormanq45 if anyone wants to play.

TylerNine

Whaddya play?

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Honestly, I've been disappointed with the Quakecon deals on Steam. New Vegas has already been on sale 2 or 3 times in recent past and it feels like a waste of a sale day to offer it yet again, but with a crappier discount than the last time it was on sale. Brink is crap and not worth half price. The Doom and Quake back catalog are great, but I already own most of them. And $10 isn't really a deal for Morrowind GOTY...you can find console versions for less in stores.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

PoorManQ45 wrote: My steam name is poormanq45 if anyone wants to play.
I would have never guessed.

I have also never heard of Steam, I might take a look though. One thing I hate about buying lots of games at once is taking months to play them all.

TylerNine

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Honestly, I've been disappointed with the Quakecon deals on Steam. New Vegas has already been on sale 2 or 3 times in recent past and it feels like a waste of a sale day to offer it yet again, but with a crappier discount than the last time it was on sale. Brink is crap and not worth half price. The Doom and Quake back catalog are great, but I already own most of them. And $10 isn't really a deal for Morrowind GOTY...you can find console versions for less in stores.
It's more of the $70 for all 34 games aspect, that I thought was great.

TylerNine

Well, looks like the deal is no longer available, sorry dudes & ladies.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

alms24sebring wrote:
PoorManQ45 wrote: My steam name is poormanq45 if anyone wants to play.
I would have never guessed.

I have also never heard of Steam, I might take a look though. One thing I hate about buying lots of games at once is taking months to play them all.
Steam is a free download, it's a interface designed by Valve iirc. You buy the games through Steam and then DL them to your pc. You can uninstall the game as many times as you like after you buy it, or install it on as many pc's as you like. Just as long as that pc has Steam and you're logged on. You never need another disk and you can never lose a game.

Like I said, it's free and well worth the try. I've been a Steam addict for about 4 years now.

WD

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Yup. Despite being a HUGE Valve fan, I was not a fan of Steam early on. But as it stands today, Steam is a great tool for gamers. It's not perfect, but does more right than other options in my eyes. Recent additions like SteamCloud (game saves in the cloud), Steamworks (think XBL services; matchmaking, voice, etc. but free), and Steamplay (buy the game once, play it on all available platforms) add lots of value.

Steam is also one of the main ways my brother (13 years younger than me) and I stay in touch. We play a lot of games together over Steam.

I've bought so many games on Steam sometimes my head spins deciding what to play.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ministerof ... es?tab=all

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Damn Chris...lol. I thought I had I some games, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... es?tab=all

PoorManQ45

WDRacing wrote:You can uninstall the game as many times as you like after you buy it, or install it on as many pc's as you like. Just as long as that pc has Steam and you're logged on.

WD
Careful with that. On one of our gaming systems we reinstall windows about ever month using an image. So it only takes about 15 minutes total.

About two months ago Steam locked one of our accounts and claimed potential piracy. They have a limit of something like 18 installs in a 12 month period. Yeah, we tripped that and had to provide proof that we owned all the games.

I realize it is completely outside of the normal range. They still shouldn't advertise their service as allowing unlimited uninstalls/installs

WHen I play, which is rare these days, I play CSS, TF2, L4D2. I have more. Those are the main ones.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

MoD, looking at your Steam library I am further convinced that you and I were separated at birth.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... es?tab=all

I have about 10 more titles (Civ IV, Quake 2, Quake 3, Quake 4, Bioshock, Doom 3, Fallout 3, Far Cry, and a couple others) that I always link to my Steam account but haven't since I built my new PC.

What do you think of Deus Ex: HR?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Encryptshun wrote:MoD, looking at your Steam library I am further convinced that you and I were separated at birth.
Pick up Capsized. It's AMAZING and the audio (music and sfx) is brilliant.

What do you think of Deus Ex: HR?
I have to admit, I haven't played too much of it. I bought my 3DS the next day and I've been camped in the Wayback Machine ever since. Link's Awakening is my absolute favorite Zelda game, and it was one of the first Virtual Console games for the 3DS. Of course I already owned that for my GBC, but then there's Ocarina. And Nintendo is releasing Four Swords for EFFING FREE for download on 3DS and DSi. Zelda paradise. Only way it'd be better is if I had 3D Windwaker. Or all the Zelda was switched for Metroid. Oooooh...Metroid Prime 3DS...what...was...I forgot what I was doing. Huh.

Oh, yeah. DX3. It's quite good. Lots of little details most developers forget. It FEELS nice, all over. But the best part of it is the feeling of freedom. The pace is your own but the game manages to make you feel like everything you do has impact. My favorite part of it, though, is that the "choices" in the game aren't about dialog trees or split questlines like Fallout or Mass Effect. They often don't have any real impact on gameplay at all. But they have effect on how you enjoy the game. It's really ROLE playing, not mechanics tweaking. You do things how you want because you can. Not because you're hoping the game will hand you a reward down the road. The reward is the choice itself.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Speaking of dialogue trees in DX3, I do love the personality pheromone minigame. If you didn't buy that aug, you should. Overall, the most epic win is that, when faced with a challenge, you *usually* have three paths:

1) fight your way through it
2) sneak your way around it
3) talk your way out of it

Sometimes I don't feel like taking out a whole street gang just to get through a door, and sometimes I don't feel like being a nice guy just to avoid a fight. I love the fact that the game grants me those choices.

Return to “Gaming”