Supension problems

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tarheelcurt
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35x

I have a 2006 M35X all-wheel drive, and my mechanic said that I need a left front lower control arm, it seems that the only one's he coul locate are for rear-wheel drive, and the dealer wants $400.00 for one. Is there anyone here selling any used ones, or if you can let me know where I could find cheaper priced ones, it would be appreciated, the dealer is my last resort!

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I dont know whether the RDW and AWD use the same part or not. Depends how the axle goes to the wheel. You could look up the actual part numbers and see if you can find pictures of the parts themselves. Nissan shares much of the suspension including control arms between the Gs and Ms and even many model year 350Z's. If the AWD does have a unique control arm, it is probably shared between AWD G and M as well so maybe you can find that out and get one for a G?

Just an FYI on that dealer one for the RWD one, Nissan has a new part number out that supersedes the old ones our Y50 cars use. They say it is a direct replacement, but unfortunately the ball joint wont seat properly as the cone is different. You will have to get the old cones off your old control arm if you use the new part. That could be easy, could be a pain in the butt depending on whether the old cone is melded on to the old arm or not from years of use. There may be this same issue with the AWD control arms too so something to look out for.

Either way, if you go with a old one, you risk the bushings and ball joint being shot already. Best to buy new IMO.

ae7456t
Car: 2006 M35X with 19X,XXX miles

Looks like the part number that you need it 54501-EJ72A. I had to replace one on the passenger's side (blown ball joint), and I went with one from here for ~$300 before tax/shipping.

https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/oem ... Ni1nYXM%3D

Overall, the job was not bad with just jack stands and hand tools, but did take a bit of time.

One question would be why is your mechanic saying you need a new LCA, and is he sure that is the issue...Would be a shame to go through all that, only to find it was a sway bar bushing/end link.

Good luck!

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

ae7456t wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:22 pm
Looks like the part number that you need it 54501-EJ72A. I had to replace one on the passenger's side (blown ball joint), and I went with one from here for ~$300 before tax/shipping.

https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/oem ... Ni1nYXM%3D

Overall, the job was not bad with just jack stands and hand tools, but did take a bit of time.

One question would be why is your mechanic saying you need a new LCA, and is he sure that is the issue...Would be a shame to go through all that, only to find it was a sway bar bushing/end link.

Good luck!

According to that page, the same parts are used on base model and X, and between M35 and M45.
So ya, look out for the new part number that has cones on the ball joint that wont seat right... See how it says:
Replaces: 54501-EG300, 54501-EG31A, 54501-EJ70A, 54501-EJ71A
So new part number there.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”