Sunroof wind deflector

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
JeffinSC

I removed the large factory wind deflector off my Pathfinder because it is a pain to clean under. The sunroof has the attached (hopefully, first try) pop-up deflector built in. I have noticed the QX4's do not have the large deflectors at all. Are the pop-ups different from what I show?

[img]https://forum-attachments.sfo2.digital ... LR.jpg[img]

JeffinSC

let's try this...

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

I think I saw most QX4s have large deflectors, and mine has one too. The pop-up deflector on my QX4 is the same as yours. Pathy and QX4 are twins so they share many parts.

JeffinSC

Thanks, probably 99% of the QX4's don't have the larger deflector around here. However, 99% of Pathfinders do. I was not sure if they did something slightly different on the QX4's.

JeffinSC

So how is everybody washing under the large exterior wind deflector? It seems impossible, or difficult at the least, to clean under this thing.

QX4ME
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

I just unscrew those two nuts and take off the deflector, not difficult at all. The moonroof in close position holds the brackets in position.

The first time I didn't even think and opened the moonroof then took two brackets off. It was so hard to put them back on.

JeffinSC

I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I purchased some wing nuts for the bottom to make it easier to remove - plus it gets rid of the plastic nuts that were on there.I think it looks better not to have the deflector, but I prefer the advantages of having it.

QX4ME
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

Actually I almost never use its advantage of reducing the overall wind noise when moonroof is open, because I open the moonroof only when I do city drive at very low speed, and not every time. At highway I never open it. I don't like any kind of noise. However since the deflector is there, just let it be there.

By the way, at highway speed with moonroof closed, I think the deflector will generate more wind noise than without it, as it's in the way of wind path.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”