Sunroof left open and Rain screwed my leather :((

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
denrama

I left the sunroof left open on Saturday night, I was home all Sunday. Today when I opened my car, my passenger seat is all wrinkled and on close observation, I see that they is little bit of moister left in the seat and soaked the carpet a little bit. How to get the wrinkles out? I blame myself...

it sucks man! I had the car just for 2 months!!

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Really sorry to hear that.

That's why we were pleased to see the Rogue we bought from our dealer's lot was lacking a sunroof. Another reason was that ugly windblocker they are sticking on Rogue roofs nowadays.

philipa_240sx

Wait for the leather to dry. Hopefully it will shrink once dried and no stains appear. If possible, park it in a dry shaded area with the windows rolled down and/or doors open. A fan would also help. Mould likes dark damp places and will be your biggest enemy. I would also be concerned with the electrical components. ie. power seat controls, airbag module, etc.

Sorry for your luck.

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

Sorry to hear that, but this has happened to me as well. I had a 95 Millenia S and I left top open. I let it dry a bit /used heater as well. Then I worked in leather conditioner till the leather was nice and soft. I let it dry again and it worked. I have the SL AWD and the leather is pretty good. It seems pretty resilient. It is not as cheap as other cars out there ie; the fake leather Saturn use to use. Think about it it is designed to sit our Fat A**s in it for years, whats a little water. Good luck!!

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Lexol products do wonders! As mentioned in other posts, a complete dry out is most important.....open windows, a fan, a heater if possible. Good luck!!

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Ditto the Lexol, but is best to wait until dry. Definitely treat with a good leather product after thoroughly drying.

Leo2005

Maybe you should call your insurance to find out about water damage? Then you will get a new Rogue?

denrama

Thanks for your suggestions, guys. I parked my car in the hot sun and the sun sucked the water out of my seats and the carpet. All most all those wrinkles are gone now. I was much worried that it is going to be a permanent damage. I will try to apply some water repellent, if I find some, just to make sure that the issue doesn't happen again. phew!

sirajajax
Car: Nissan Rogue, Nissan Maxima

Hey, I know the feeling, as I left mine open when i went camping last week. Mine was only two weeks old at the time!!!!!!!The good thing is that mine doesn't have leather. But I managed to dry it in the sun in the course of the next two days.

gi'me

Go to a nearby tach shop and buy neatsfoot oil. It's the best for leather. It's the basis for Lexol, but pure. It also makes you hands (understandably) soft.

Return to “Rogue Forum”