Sunroof Failure

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
dnewz
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe - Lakeshore Slate

The sunroof stopped functioning on my G35 Coupe today. It is currently closed and will not respond to the slide or tilt command.

Is this a heat-related issue or something more serious? Anyone have anything like this?

The car only has 8,500 miles on it, so whatever the problem is will be covered.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

What year is your coupe? When was the last time you used the sunroof? Was it making any noises beforhand? Does anybody else drive the car? Did you try it again after a few hours?

Yes, it is covered under the warranty.

GamingMom
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35

I'm also in Arizona (East Valley) and the sunroof worked fine last weekend when it was crazy hot. Definitely give the dealer a call, from my understanding it is covered under the warranty.

yzarcur
Car: 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Did you have the roof open through any winds where sand or dirt may have been flying around. If so the sand may been stuck in the grease that coats the track the roof slides on. I had this happen to a truck that I had a long time ago.

And yes it will be covered, they will check the track and fuse to make sure it did not blow.

GamingMom
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35

Not the OP but we had nasty dust storms the past two days so that might be it. Good to know for future reference though.

dnewz

The day after I posted this, the sunroof started to fully function again. Probably was a dust/weather-related issue. We'll see if it stays like this. If not, I'll take it in.

dnewz

The sunroof again stopped working - this time for good.Brought it in and now the dealership is replacing both the motor and the tracks. Indicated there was some warping. Find that quite unusual, but as long as it's getting fixed that's all that matters.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”