Suggestions

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

I'm going to have my car on stands this weekend to put on new rotors, pads, brake lines and fluid. I just cleaned out my TB's and as soon as I get a little hand pump I'm changing the diff oil too. Anything else I should do? I've got all weekend to work on it and I'm trying like hell to get this thing running as new as possible! Do tension rods have to be replaced? I mostly would like to focus on the motor though. As soon as it comes in, I'm running the BG44K through.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

I finished up all my new brakes with new braided steel lines, cross drilled rotors and pads. did the brake fluid flush. that took more fluid then i expected. went around 4 times before the fluid started to clear up. the 5th time i think i got it real good.you guys were right about the differential oil smelling like the foulest pits of hell. it was a real easy job and only took me about 15 minutes to do. I used valvoline (it's either durablen or supersyn) can't remember which on both the diff and brake fluid. So now I'm a happy camper. gonna do what diamond suggested and soak that intake piping in some simple green tomorrow. then i need to figure out how to change the power steering fluid.

Return to “General Chat”