Suggestions on Amp&Tube installation?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Cosmokrazy
Car: 2003 Pathfinder SE

Just bought an '03 SE 'finder with the factory 6-CD BOSE system. LOVE the truck, HATE the BOSE HU. The CD player skips and skips and skips and skips. Useless.

So I'm replacing it with a Pioneer HU. Since I'm going through the whole stereo installation process(have the converter for the Bose wiring & PAC steering wheel converter to keep my wheel controls), I decided to put in the amp/10"Bazooka Tube from my last vehicle, 2003 Intrepid. Anyway, the amp/tube in the Intrepid was no issue as they were in the trunk. Alas, I can not decide how/where to install the amp & tube in the pathfinder. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

pathfinder_se_black
Car: 2000 pathfinder, FG2 civic si

in the cargo area by the wheel well for the bass tube. are you running another amp?

Cosmokrazy

I have to run an amp b/c it's a passive tube. I can't decide if I should mount the amp on the side of the cargo area or on the back of the seats.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

If you mount the amp on the back of the seat and run th wiring under the carpet and under the seats (like I did), make sure you leave enough slack in the wiring so that the seats can still fold down nicely. I overlooked this function and my wires get tight when i fold the seat down. All of the amp wires are run through a slit in the carpet and then under the seats, except for the black ground wire which you can see dangling. I hate that wire!
Modified by fueler at 3:33 PM 2/28/2007

Cosmokrazy

Thanx for the lookout on the slack in the wire!

pathfinder_se_black
Car: 2000 pathfinder, FG2 civic si

nice setup fueler

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”