suggestions for suspension setup

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
dixjo
Car: drums, computers, cars

hi there! I have a 95 200sx, SE, Im kinda new to the car world, but Im thinking of dropping an SR20DET into it sometime in the future. I was wanting to go ahead and get suspension for it (coilovers hopefully), any ideas on what would be a good setup for the price? I found a set of eibach coilovers ( http://www.modacar.com/product...ASUP/ ) and a set of tein ( http://www.apexr1.com/teincoilsus.html ) but not much else. I was hoping to stay in the price range of these eibachs. How good are they?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Hey,Glad you found this site.The 200sx is a sweet car.Th SR swap is a good idea but will run you som serioius cash.As far as suspension both of those are good choices.I have my eye on some Teins for my Spec V.JIC also makes some great stuff.Let us know what you get and post up some pics.;)

dixjo

ok, did some more research on the suspension...I have decided to get the tein coilover setup. Looks like great quality for its price.

On doing the sr20det swap...

I want the gti-r. heavy throttle said i would need the ecu from an se-r. what do i need to look for? will any sr20 ecu work? I figure if im gonna have to get one seperately, I might as well get a good one, so...what are some good ones to look at? where will i be able to get one?

ah...too much stuff i don't know yet! lol

Thanks again

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

You'll need the ECU from the GTi-R, not the SE-R. You need the ECU from the GTi-R motor. So no, not any sr20 ecu will work.

As far as getting one, Heavy Throttle, Phase 2, Enjuku, are all great places to go through.

NISMOingen
Car: This isn't a hobby. It's an obsession.

Heavy Throttle always likes to use ECUs programmed by JWT. It costs more but yields better performance. If you get the ECU reprogrammed by JWT you can use the SE-R ECU, otherwise you need the GTi-R ECU.

The boys at Heavy Throttle have done tons of SR swaps so I recommend you follow their advice.

For suspension also check Progress Racing. Their coil-overs are not adjustable, but are absoultely bullet-proof; prices are reasonable too.

BenSR2095Se-R
Car: Drag, chillen wit my wifey, workin on cars with friends

if you wanna save money and headaches in the future, just get a bluebird motor. it is interchangable with the stock de motor. with the gti-r you'll run into headaches and wiring issues andparts arent that easy to get for em. gl though.

Ben

dixjo

I didn't think about the difference in installation and getting parts for the motors. Thanks for pointing that out. I wanted the gti-r b/c it has more HP with stock parts. does the difficulty to install it make it not worth the extra HP?

By the way, that's a really clean ride! I like it: 2 thumbs up!

BenSR2095Se-R
Car: Drag, chillen wit my wifey, workin on cars with friends

in my opinion it's better to install the bluebird coz u can always get the t28 turbo for it. the gti-r would be nice but i'd rather get the bluebird and drop a t3/4 turbo:D thanks for the compliment:)

Ben

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”