Subs not working right

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
smoof6
Car: 2009 nissan altima 2.5

i have a 2009 nissan altima, it doesn't have bose speakers, they are the stock speakers. i put it two 12" kicker cvr's with a kicker 2X750.1 amp (it's a 750 watt amp) . i have the sub getting the audio input from splicing them into the rear speakers, i did that so i didnt have to take out the stereo. i cant seem to find a good place to plug the turn on wire in to, and when i do get the subs working, they dont sound very strong almost like theyre not getting enough power, and when i turn up the music past about 10 the car speakers make a loud pop and stop working for a second, then i turn it back down and they work again, with the subs still barely working. can anyone help me please?

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

I'm assuming the amp has speaker level inputs correct? The turn on wire just needs a 12v source that's switchable (ideally from something that turns on with the radio, but you can wire in a manual switch too). Also, check your main power and ground cables, for a 750 watt amp, 4 awg cables should be used here.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”