Subs & Amps

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

What's up fellas, did a search and saw some good stuff, but one question still didn't answered for me. When you replaced your sub or amp or by pass them, how did that effect the noise cancellation in the ride. I know our models have a little noise when normal driving and was wondering would this be amplified? I have not decided on which brands subs or speakers to get yet but was thinking about either 2 10in subs or a bazooka. All advice is welcomed and thanks for the info fellas

RCP97
Car: 2011 M37 - premium package - black

Not sure what it would do to the noise cancellation feature.

You mean like engine noise from the stock radio?..never notice that on mine. Rule of thumb when adding an Amp is to always make a good ground to a bare metal area (no paint on metal), make sure your ground wire is the recommended gauge for your Amp, and last keep it a short as possible. This would help avoid any engine noise being picked up from your Amp.

I would go with two 10"s in a square box (like it supposed to be) firing toward the back of your trunk...and for xtra bass, open the center trunk access door on your back seat to let more bass in. Good luck and post a pic of your setup when done.

RunLevelZero
Car: M37 Malbec Black

I know the manual says to not change the speakers in any way including sound dampening. Well I had the bad front speaker rattle at low volume so my Infiniti dealer was already aware of this and added sound dampening to the front speakers on both sides. This has caused an odd issue. If I have the audio off entirely and I'm driving it still does the noise cancellation. I hear a weird high pitch humming and I know it's coming from the speakers. I can get it to do it every time with the AC on and I drive on the highway cause the road noise increases and it seems to try and cancel out the sound of the road noise. I didn't notice this before they put the sound dampening in. I'm going to take it back and let them hear it. If you aren't changing the stock speakers but adding sub / subs only, I don't think the noise cancellation would be affected. It has 3 mics for this I believe. Front, Passenger, and rear. If it starts making that humming noise, however you want to describe it, you may want to find the mic placements and block them so they don't pickup the new bass sound and try and cancel it out? I'm totally guessing and assuming that blocking the mics would stop them from picking up the sound that it might try and cancel out. Maybe try just blocking the rear mic cause your subs will be in the rear. I know I found a post some time ago about a guy who cut the mic wire and nothing helped but he changed his entire setup all around. He ended up reverting because he wanted to keep the stock head unit. I'll try and find it but I just did a quick search and couldn't pull it up. I wish Infiniti would have just kept it so it turned the volume up instead of this bose audio pilot stuff and noise cancellation. I do think it's cool, but would rather it was like my old G and just turned it up based off RPM or speed. However it did it before. The lower end model M's without Nav do have that and I wish Infiniti would have just left it in and gave us the other noise cancellation and audio pilot so we would have all three. Also the option to turn off noise cancellation would be ideal, especially for what your concerned about which I am too so I haven't changed my setup at all even though I would like to. The rear speakers are like tiny subs with no mid or high so that just sucks. 3 way all the way around with something in the rear shelf would be awesome too. I'm rambling now but hopefully this provides some help and I'll try and find that post where ever I found it where the guy wrestled with this issue.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

Thanks for all this good information fellas

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”