subframes

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
midnightsliding

are they interchangeable with 240sx and skylines on a y33? im looking to make one into a new drift project and i was just geting some info on them. i know SPL makes TC rods for the font and upper camber arms , but what about the rear?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I think all the rear suspensions are the same or have the same multilink setup... but they are not interchangeable... For instance hte Q45 (G50) subframe is about 2 inches wider than the 300ZX

midnightsliding

dose anyone make good suspension for the rear, like SPL or JIC?

RobertsnewQ

All of the control arms are interchangeable with the 300zx. You can use SPL or JIC parts.

The subframe bushings are the same.

As Wes said, the subframes themselves are different.

I don't know about the rear uprights. They might swap, but I don't know for sure.

midnightsliding

what about breaks i have 300zx fronts for my s13 that never made it on. can i use them on the Q? and what about coilovers? i was wondering if they made some with spring rates that would be good for drifting and that have adjustible damping? thanks.
Modified by midnightsliding at 1:55 PM 9/15/2005

RobertsnewQ

300zx (and Skyline) brakes on both ends bolt right on.

300zx coilovers don't fit because they have different upper mounts.

Tein makes G50 coilovers but I don't think you can buy them here.

Some people (me included) think that R32/33 Skyline coilovers might fit, but noone has been brave enough to try them yet.

You could have Ground Control or someone build custom coilovers for the stock struts, or build your own with Koni inserts and GC sleeves.

I hate to rain on your parade but it's hard to imagine the G50 would make a very good drift car. It's wheelbase is too long to transition well, and it has long front and rear overhangs which mean the polar moment of intertia is quite high - it would be very difficult to snap into and out of oversteer at will.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”