subfame Bushings are bad, any DIY tips?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue Noob
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

our 2008 Rogue is really having a lot of issues right now, just changed out the LCA, to discover the subframe bushings are bad too. apparently Nissan is notorious for having low grade bushings. Has anyone changed these themselves? If so, any tips? I did the LCA myself, would like to do this myself too. Found nothing in the DIY section, if there is something already there let me know.

Also have the oil cooler leak, and already bought the gaskets, just can't find any DIY thread on the fix. is there one on here?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

the bushings are pressed into the subframe. this is a pain in the butt to do. most just burn them out.
i would just leave it alone; and start looking at another car.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Sounds like an opportunity to DO a write up, like you did on the coolant flush, only this time take pictures, because I can't read or write.

Rogue Noob
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Dealer wants 1500, they will just replace the subframe. Maybe I'll see if that is something I could do, or just take it to another shop.

jcheak

Any update on the oil cooler? I'm in the same situation....

ronhaha108
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Rogue Noob wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:06 pm
our 2008 Rogue is really having a lot of issues right now, just changed out the LCA, to discover the subframe bushings are bad too. apparently Nissan is notorious for having low grade bushings. Has anyone changed these themselves? If so, any tips? I did the LCA myself, would like to do this myself too
Did you end up doing this yourself? I'm in the same situation and got the same bushings as you show in the image, but it might be too big a job to do by myself? If you did it, how many hours did it take, anything specific to note? If you had someone else do it, how many hours did it take?

Thanks!

patrickmcfaddin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Has anyone tackled this with the 08 Rogue? Just found out today my bushing is shot and in desperate need of repair. I am fairly handy, but fully removing the subframe may be a tad out of my reach. Any info would be great.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

What is your proof for them being dead, the outside you see can commonly be cracked up yet they are fine deep inside where it matters. If you offroad a lot they may be dead but not real common to be bad on a street driven only vehicle.

Return to “Rogue Forum”