Sub and amp on factory stereo

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
Gaitan309
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV

Hey guys/gals, i have a 2015 Nissan Altima SV with the Bose sound system. I want to put in a sub and Amp and I’ve been reading a lot about having to add and LOC if I’m going to keep the factory stereo. Since i have like 11 speakers in my car all from Bose, what is the best Line Output Converter? Anyway to ad an aftermarket stereo while still keeping the factory one in place? Maybe putting the aftermarket one inside the glove box or center console?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

You could add a whole stand-alone system anywhere you have room in your car, but it's not the most practical solution. Having one set of speakers working together is best for clean sound and having one head unit that can deliver signal to those speakers from your various source units will be least complicated. A loc might not be needed if your amp has low level inputs (most do). Also, you may have the option to split off of an existing signal line that may be RCA pre-amp lines if you have a Bose amp already in there for the factory stuff. Take a look at your existing system in the FSM and see what you have. Here's a link to that:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 0Altima/av

Basically, you should be able to add a sub, box and amp to your existing system and it should all work fine.

Austin99
Car: Nissan Altima SV 2017

After installing a sub and amp to my stock radio, the radio does not turn off unless I unplug the RCA cable from the amp. Also for some reason the subs don’t work unless I push the RCA cable half way into the amp or touch the side of the female port on the amp. The only thing I can think of would be wrong is not using a LOC or tapping into the wrong connections in the back of the stereo but I got the wiring diagram straight from Nissan. The only thing different on the diagram is that it is for a 3.5 not a 2.5 but the the diagram was indentical to the back of the stereo.

Vtmcleod

I would still go with the LOC - i have a JL Audio amp with low pass inputs and it doesnt sound as clean without the LOC
I use this one and the remote on for the amp makes it nice
https://www.amazon.com/AudioControl-Cha ... B00IIL0LW0
Only issue with BOSE is they bring their low end bass through the door speakers so you need to keep the bass setting low and increase your amp gain - i have a knob up front to control my JL gains and its nice to have
**I also have this same setup in my G37 with the bose and it sounds good*

Vtmcleod

did you try to wire the sub using factory wires from the back of the radio?? You should have used an LOC and pulled a signal from the speakers in the deck lid. I use the Audiocontrol LC2i and it works good for this and has a remote on for the amp. If you are having issues with the RCAs it sounds like a bad ground OR you tried to splice the RCAs and its pulling a bad signal -i would never do this even though some people swear by it

Mastersarg
Car: Nissan Altima 2015 SL

Hi, I have a 2015 Nissan Altima SL. I would like to install either a single 12" or two 12" in the trunk. I have no knowledge as how to install this, but my father does know this kinda stuff. My question is am I able to set this up without replacing the current radio/speakers? If I half to how would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Mastersarg wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 pm
Hi, I have a 2015 Nissan Altima SL. I would like to install either a single 12" or two 12" in the trunk. I have no knowledge as how to install this, but my father does know this kinda stuff. My question is am I able to set this up without replacing the current radio/speakers? If I half to how would I go about doing this?

Thanks
Merged with existing topic.
There's some useful info in this thread as well:
Custom Audio Install Questions for the 2013/ 2014 Altima

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”