Stubborn code B2722(97)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
2021SV2.5
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue
2005 Nissan Titan

Stubborn code B2722(97).
Nissan Connect Services emailed me that a braking system warning was triggered in my ROGUE 2021. 31000 miles
Before I took my car to the dealership I scanned the trouble codes because I had no warning lights on my dash.
The following codes showed up:

- Multi audio video control unit
B1328(12)test failed Confirmed
B132A(13) archive inactive 
B13D9(8F) archive inactive
B13DA (8F) archive inactive

- Intelligent brake assist
C2582(97) archive inactive
Status confirmed

- Sonar
B274B(87) archive inactive
B2720(97) archive inactive
B2721(97) archive inactive
B2722(97) archive inactive
B2723(97) archive inactive
B2740(87) archive inactive

The service tech updated the new sonar bulletin service software and cleared the codes. Battery tested 40%.
After a week I received another notification from Nissan with an ABS action required warning.
This time also no warning on the dash and I scanned this faulty codes

SRS/Airbags 
B00A0(8F) archive inactive
Status confirmed

Sonar

This time the technician changed the battery and the front USB port under warranty (31000 miles) cleared codes.
Before I left the dealership I scanned again with my pocket scanner and this stubborn code popped up again. The car was pristine clean no dirt or damage on backup sensors.

I notified them over the phone about my finding which they didn’t appreciated. Suggesting if I’m not happy to bring the car back for a few days for further investigation. Warranty expires at 36000 miles

Any suggestion appreciated.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's a rear sonar code, specifically the righthand inner. There are two possible causes listed for it:
1) Sensor is covered with ice or mud
2) Bad sensor

I should note that all of the other codes you got are consistent with low voltage from a dying battery. Everything on the late model stuff starts to squawk when a battery gets to "never-never land" around 9V. The codes are meaningless, you just replace the battery and erase them.

2021SV2.5
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue
2005 Nissan Titan

I appreciate your input Mr. vstar650cl
For some reason Nissan code reader from the dealer is not reading this code what I’m reading before and after service
They wrote me back

“ When my tech check that specific code in Nissan's database, it explained that it came on any time there was a disruption in the sonar signal (bugs on the sensor, mud, fog, etc-any of the limitations that are outlined in your manual) “We also did a code scan before and after repairs were performed. Perhaps you can bring your vehicle to us and leave it for a few days and we can look into the issue further for you? “

The rear sensors have no visible dirt, mud or damage that can make this code to come and go the way the technician suggests.
I should look for a more experienced Nissan technician who is more capable and willing to solve the problem hopefully in couple of ours rather in few days?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The DTC doesn't say just a dirty sensor for possible causes, it also says a bad sensor can cause it. "Blind" sensors are nothing new and Consult3+ has a mode where you can monitor sensor distance just by walking behind the car and watching the readings change. Evidently nobody at that dealership knows how to use it.
:mad:

Return to “Rogue Forum”