Strut Question

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
S1lvaT3k
Car: 1991 240sx coupe se (sold)

My bro bought the wrong struts for his car..actually the shop ordered the wrong part. He has a 95' 240 and the struts are for an S13, which I have...I also have a timing chain problem which i intend to get done soon... I had them for like a couple months already and was wondering if they were quality parts. they're obx strut bars for an s13 silvia. obviously i dont know **** about my car...... I think my bro got them for like 70 bucks. Should i have my bro put them in or wait till i do my timing?

O one more question. What parts am i gonna need to do my timing change? tensioner, guides and what? my friend has the tools and he knows what parts i need, but i wanna know ahead of time to get the parts ordered asap.

thanks for feedback... +/-

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

what? do you have struts or strut bars or both? yo no comprendo english mal yo!

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

http://www.courtesyparts.com/S13_DOHC-TBKIT.html

see link above for the timing chain kit, and BOX makes **** products all the way around, like APC in my opinion. ricers dream stuff...cheap and looks almost like a good part that you see in a movie!

anyways, strut bars are easy to install, just take the strut moutn bolts out, put the bar in, tighten the bolts back on.

anyways, search and check around first man, the FAQ sticks are up there for a reason you know...-chet

S1lvaT3k

o.. coo... my friend did his timing for his car but his engine is a sohc so he's not sure if its gonna be the same....anyways i just need to get the parts asap... thanx for the link to courtesy chet..... all the way in texas haha... im from cali. aye u think my local nissan dealer will charge the same tho?? i know u gonna say, : why dont u go find out (idiot)" haha..but anyways thanks for feedback

S1lvaT3k

o btw keyy.... my bro says theyre strut bars... lol me no a speaka enles mucho tambien

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

ahhh, well in that case, the whole install should only take about 10 minutes if you go slow. so it depends on if you want to have to take them back off or not. Do what exar-kun says.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

240_Keyy wrote: Do what exar-kun says.

YEAH! so there.

hehehe. courtesy nissan ususally gets better pricing to you for nissan OE parts, thats why I gave you the link.-chet

BabyboyDeLa240
Car: Cars, Girls, and Money

Exar-Kun wrote:courtesy nissan ususally gets better pricing to you for nissan OE parts, thats why I gave you the link.-chet

I always thought they have high prices for there stuff?

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”