Strut Bar? What Strut Bar? For the J? Where do i get one???

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
NismoChi
Car: 94 J30

I am not even asking how much. I 've seen people list strut bar under their mod list. From experience i think they are one of the most cost effective suspension mod for a nose heavy car, like ours.

Can someone tell me where can i buy one?
Modified by NismoChi at 2:50 AM 9/3/2005

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I was unaware they made them for the j30. i wonder if the Z32 one would work?

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

elwesso wrote:I was unaware they made them for the j30. i wonder if the Z32 one would work?
Doubt it. Dont assume the Z32 and YJ32 share everything wes.

BTW my J with Hicas is pretty damn tight on the curves. A sway bar may help a tiny bit, but probably not much.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I beg to differ, I had a Q45 standard, and a Q45t with the small bar, and then upgraded the big Q45a sway bar in the rear...

It went from understeer city, to mild understeer, to fairly neutral handling.... IMO any rear sway bar is better than none!

diamond
Car: Wife's Daily driver is J30 , 58 Cheby Sport Sedan Lowrider is my style .

quickor suspension in oregon city oregon..google it,they got a website..oem sway bars are super week.best suspension upgrade for the car.easily,lol.they dont list so call them or email.id call.

NismoChi
Car: 94 J30

I found their # and called, line had been disconnected.I think they are out of business already.But still were did you guys found strut bar for your J.daltonnnn, atlanta_shooter, anyone???

daltonnnn
Car: 1993 Infiniti j30

sadly, no one makes one. I was actually going to make one from old ones I had, but haven't done it yet. I used to have access to a welder, but no more. The thing about the j is the hood clearance is very tight, as well as the strut bar needs to go a little more forward because the motor sits differently than the z's. The only real way is to just make one, and how it turns out pretty. As for the rear, none either. Gas tank is in the way from making a straight rear bar. Somehow, you can also custom fab one in the back if you can. If anyone will custom fab front and rear one, and mass produce them, let me know, because I'm lazy to make one.

diamond

huh.interesting.i talked to them last year.i'll check into it..they were pretty well known in hot roding.in all the mags and stuff too.hum.im on it.you know,just find a builder in or close.it only takes a day to have made..i sat and wheighted while they did mine on a saterday 200 miles away,lol.i wanted them bad.hehe.forgive my spellings,my brain shot.lol..if i had to do only one bar even id do the back.oem like a soda straw,lol.my rear almost as big as stock front.i forgot the measurements.

diamond

cant find them.id look in some rod mags and see who makes custom.only prob with that is if it needs an adjustment and the car aint there to do it,well.little can of worms there.sucks i didnt get the oem bars back.i would have sent anywhere for you guys.you get more points to having custom parts in shows.if your into that.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”