Stream Pandora from your iPOD with Premium Package (no navi)

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Ganesha
Car: 2010 G37 Sedan Premium, Slate Blue/Black, Dual Cold Air Forward of Radiator Intake

If you're like me you skipped the navi system for many reasons but thought since the iPhone was linkable you would also be able to stream Pandora. Then when you found out this was not possible you were bummed - think again. It is very simple to get your iPhone streaming Pandora with the same quality sound as your iPod, without having to buy a thing. Here's how:

1) Create a blank audio track about 1-2 hours long, and name it Pandora. Then click on this track and open the get info tab by right clicking on the track. Then click the options tab and set the volume adjustment to 0%.

What you have done is created a track that when played on your iPhone will open the iPod audio channel but will not output any sound.

2)Create a playlist on your iPhone called Pandora and place the track you've made into that folder. Once transferred open the track on your iPhone and select the repeat/loop icon.

3) Plug your iPod into the USB port and navigate your Bose system to the iPhone. Then open the playlists folder entitled Pandora and select the track "Pandora". The Bose system will then play anything that comes from your iPod, and your iPod now has an open audio channel on it and will stay open until you manually interrupt by hitting stop on the iPhone.

4) Grab your iPhone, press the menu button and open Pandora

5) Enjoy streaming audio from Pandora on your beautiful Infiniti, never a reason to be bummed!

Note 1: If you get an error message on your phone "volume not available", or the audio stops playing, just press the source or AUX button on you Infiniti and cycle through back into the iPod and restart Pandora, this will reset everything and get it going.

Note 2: If you have it play for a while and then hear nothing, you have run through your Pandora playlist. Simply reopen the track "Pandora" and continue to enjoy!

Note 3: Make sure you iPhone is not on vibrate.
Last edited by Ganesha on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cameljockey
Car: '08 G35xS

how do you create a blank audio track Ganesha?

Ganesha
Car: 2010 G37 Sedan Premium, Slate Blue/Black, Dual Cold Air Forward of Radiator Intake

If you do not have any audio editing software then simply use voice recorder software (standard in Mac and PC). Make sure to turn off your internal microphone and then record a blank audio track. If you're still not sure how to do this PM me and I will email you a blank audio file.

Good Luck

cameljockey

does NAVi have anything to do with Pandora playing or not playing by the way? I do have it, and am looking for the easiest way to have my pandora back in the car.

cameljockey

Ganesha.. YOU are the MAN/ or woman, guess i don't know exactly...... I created the track as described(except i only did 10 minutes to test it), could not find the part about volume level to zero, so i skipped it. I left it run on shuffle off, track repeat, and it worked long past the 10 minutes so i think that part can be altered if you wish....... other than than, perfect.

THIS WORKS! and GOOD, complete stereo and I couldn't be happier. I don't know how the F you figured this out, but it's awesome. Been missing Pandora since I sold my crappy bonneville and got the '08 G. AWESOME work my friend!!!

edit *** i have navi by the way, so it works with both..

cameljockey

UPDATE: drove in to work today using pandora to test, worked good, ipod disconnected twice in the hour, but could have been the calendar alerts i was getting bumped it off for some reason. Last half hour or more worked awesome.

testsat
Car: 2010 G37 Premium (No Nav)

Actually, you do not even need to create the blank file. Simply do this:

1. Plug your Iphone into the USB connection
2. From the G37 iPod console select any song from your Iphone. (I usually select song shuffle).
3. On your Iphone launch Pandora or Youtube or any app that you want to hear audio from.
4. The original song you selected to play will fade away and you will hear the audio of the application that you selected on your iPhone.

In Canada you can not get best of Siruis on XM so I use this method to hear Siruis through the app on my Iphone.

One odd and dissapointing thing is that if you lauch an app with video (like youtube) you will hear the audio in the car speakers but the video may not play on your Iphone. I tried it parked with parking brake.

What a drag...

sniper27
Car: 2010 G37 sedan - Moonlight white/graphite
2008 M35 - Moonlight white/graphite
2011 Audi A6 3.0T - Ibis white/black

now only if i can get my blackberry to do this.

cameljockey

don't know if the G35 is different or not, but i'll try your ideas testsat.

KSpider
Car: 2010 G37 Sedan

Interesting, I have had my G37 for about two weeks now, and I can play any audio app just fine through the USB port and it comes through the speakers. I have tested both Pandora and XM/Sirius App.

I AM however, having major problems with audio cutting out (posting new topic)

Ganesha

I have found that there is a slight difference between the 3rd and 4th gen iPhones, so if you are unable to have the ipod music fade to the background after you launch the iPhone app (e.g. Pandora), simply pause the ipod track and then launch the program (no blank file needed).

compuvision02
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37S sedan
2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Ganesha wrote:If you're like me you skipped the navi system for many reasons but thought since the iPhone was linkable you would also be able to stream Pandora. Then when you found out this was not possible you were bummed - think again. It is very simple to get your iPhone streaming Pandora with the same quality sound as your iPod, without having to buy a thing. Here's how:

1) Create a blank audio track about 1-2 hours long, and name it Pandora. Then click on this track and open the get info tab by right clicking on the track. Then click the options tab and set the volume adjustment to 0%.

What you have done is created a track that when played on your iPhone will open the iPod audio channel but will not output any sound.

2)Create a playlist on your iPhone called Pandora and place the track you've made into that folder. Once transferred open the track on your iPhone and select the repeat/loop icon.

3) Plug your iPod into the USB port and navigate your Bose system to the iPhone. Then open the playlists folder entitled Pandora and select the track "Pandora". The Bose system will then play anything that comes from your iPod, and your iPod now has an open audio channel on it and will stay open until you manually interrupt by hitting stop on the iPhone.

5) Enjoy streaming audio from Pandora on your beautiful Infiniti, never a reason to be bummed!

Note 1: If you get an error message on your phone "volume not available", or the audio stops playing, just press the source or AUX button on you Infiniti and cycle through back into the iPod and restart Pandora, this will reset everything and get it going.

Note 2: If you have it play for a while and then hear nothing, you have run through your Pandora playlist. Simply reopen the track "Pandora" and continue to enjoy!

AND
testsat wrote:Actually, you do not even need to create the blank file. Simply do this:

2. From the G37 iPod console select any song from your Iphone. (I usually select song shuffle).
3. On your Iphone launch Pandora or Youtube or any app that you want to hear audio from.
4. The original song you selected to play will fade away and you will hear the audio of the application that you selected on your iPhone.

In Canada you can not get best of Siruis on XM so I use this method to hear Siruis through the app on my Iphone.

One odd and dissapointing thing is that if you lauch an app with video (like youtube) you will hear the audio in the car speakers but the video may not play on your Iphone. I tried it parked with parking brake.

What a drag...
You both deserve a cookie! Awesome job guys, I went with option two, testsat's, due to the ease of just opening up a song and pausing it, but either way, prime! Thanks!

theatermax
Car: G37 Conv 2010 Loaded and a G37X Premium No nav

Guys

I have a 2010 Convertible loaded G37 and based on the fact my girlfriend is buying a G37 Coupe 2010 this weekend without Nav i am concerned about her to be able to pay pandora easily.

I tried today for hours doing the black file method and it does not work on my Conv. I am techie and made a 1 minute file and as soon as you start the file and then hit play on pandora the player on the car goes to pause and the music stops. You can hear pandora for 1 second or so and if you hit play on the car and play on pandora again again you hear music for 1 second and it stops.

Any ideas ?

I have no idea why the blank file worked for you guys as its still in play mode which does not allow the G37 to play music through the USB while Ipod is connected. I wonder if this is a car version issue and some work and some dont.

Playing for hours at one point i freaked it out and it played for a while but as soon as i disconnected and started again it didnt work.

How frustrating is this, She is getting a great deal on a 2010 premium no nav and might back out if she cant stream audio..

Why cant we use a 3.5mm to USB adapter and simply play the audio through the 3.5 headphone jack directly into the USB jack in the G37 ? Has anyone tried this ? Worst case you cant charge but you could just use a car cord if this works.

I see lots of 3.5 mm to USB adapters , they are 1-5 dollars everywhere.. I assume this has to work ?? I see alot of other elaborate solutions to tie into the XM port in the trunk but thats all too complex for such an easy thing if this works.

And what about a bluetooth dongle with USB ?? If it supports 2.0 with AD2p and you marry it prior, shouldnt that work as well ?

Thanks
Craig

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Welcome to NICO!

Bluetooth dongle will work! Also, the newer G37's also come with an ipod/iphone interface. I'm sure the guys will chime in with some suggestions.

arjun
Car: Infiniti G25

Stumbled onto this post yesterday.
I tried the blank audio track and regular music file methods to stream Pandora in my G25, but no luck. Anybody have any other suggestions ??

javanut
Car: 2010 Inifiniti G37 Premium Graphite

Ganesha and testsat, I've owned my G37 premium without navigation system for 2 1/2 years and was happy with radio until my blackberry died 3 weeks ago and I replaced it with an iPhone 5. I decided that I couldn't live without my Pandora, Slacker, Spotify, iHeartRadio and CBSLocalYourDay that I used with my iPad at home and work -- especially when I owned an iPhone 5 AND a car that had an awesome Bose stereo system! Despite having songs in my iTunes on my mac, I didn't want to be constrained to my now aging collection of songs on iTunes, I wanted to go straight to streaming my music using my iPhone 5. Well, I plugged my phone into the USB jack. The car recognized my phone, but also noted that it had no music. The local dealership suggested that I could only used the iPod feature of the iPhone 5 that only G37s with navigation could use streaming music, and only through BlueTooth. I was very bummed, but I found this forum through Google and am very happy to announce that your solutions worked when combined. Like compuvision02, I tried testsat's solution and it worked. Since I did not want to tie up my iphone's memory with my itunes music library, I downloaded only 4 songs, but only 1 was needed. One thing mentioned in Ganesha's solution is critical: repeat must be "on". Shuffle doesn't matter. Thanks to both of you for pointing me in the right direction. Wishing you both a happy 2013!

davidscherer
Car: 2010 g37 coupe

Hi - i just purchased a 2010 g37 coupe and noticing the same problems streaming pandora. Works fine with my iphone (4g) is connected via USB but was wondering if creating the playlist works when the iphone is NOT plugged into the USB. Any help would be much appreciated.

Juggernautpint
Car: Infiniti G37x 2013

compuvision02 wrote:
Ganesha wrote:If you're like me you skipped the navi system for many reasons but thought since the iPhone was linkable you would also be able to stream Pandora. Then when you found out this was not possible you were bummed - think again. It is very simple to get your iPhone streaming Pandora with the same quality sound as your iPod, without having to buy a thing. Here's how:

AND
testsat wrote:Actually, you do not even need to create the blank file. Simply do this:

What a drag...
You both deserve a cookie! Awesome job guys, I went with option two, testsat's, due to the ease of just opening up a song and pausing it, but either way, prime! Thanks!
WORKS on my 2013 G37x premium!!!!
FINALLY, I CAN STREAM MUSIC FROM GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC ON G37

I own a 2013 Infiniti G37x premium and until reading this forum, was stuck using a Bluetooth radio transmitter to stream Google Play Music because my Infiniti doesn't have the NAV package (which allows Bluetooth music streaming...stupid I know).

Attention Android Users
I am not an Apple fan and currently own an Android Galaxy S5 'Neo'...here's my work around though unfortunately you will still either need an Ipod Touch or an old Apple IPhone converted to an Ipod Touch to make this work.

In my case, I took an old Apple IPhone 4S that wasn't being used and removed the old Sim card then did a factory reset through ITunes...(you can see demos on YouTube).

Since the IPhone 4S and Galaxy S5 'Neo' share the same size phone Sim card I was able to insert the sim from my phone and activate the IPhone 4S where I then downloaded Google Play Music. The old IPhone is now an Ipod Touch device!! Be sure to (a) turn it on plane mode so it doesn't try to access the mobile network (b) remove the sim card and place back into your Android device (c) then activate Wi-Fi availability (d) Download Google Play music to your Ipod (e) Set up a mobile Hotspot from your Android to the Ipod.

Here's the trick for Android Users:
1.) Turn on your internet mobile hotspot on the Android device
2.) Pair your Ipod Touch (or old converted IPhone) to the Android mobile hotspot. This will allow the Ipod to use the WiFi from your Android phone.
3.) Having downloaded 'Google Play Music' to your Ipod from the Apple App Store as mentioned above, you will now be able to stream music from your Ipod via Google Play Music using the data plan on your Android Phone!
4.) I followed the rest of the above thread, by creating a Playlist in ITunes called Infiniti and placed one song there.
5.) Having plugged in the USB connector and Ipod device while my car was running, it immediately connected the Ipod (If it doesn't connect hit the AUX on main console). I then opened the Music app on the Ipod device and selected the music file from the 'Infiniti Playlist' I created, hit play and turned on 'repeat' (Though it would appear once you start playing music from Google Play Music it pauses the song so I'm not sure if 'repeat' is necessary but doesn't hurt).
6.) Open up Google Play Music on your Ipod and away you go!

In summary: My Android Device is a WiFi hotspot allowing the Ipod device to then stream Google Play Music on the device. What's more, the display on my Infiniti shows the Ipod connected and all song, artist and song time counter information!

Thank's Gansha and Testsat and all who contributed! FINALLY I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC....THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”