strawberryface for 240sx

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
cotts
Car: hockey, cars

Hi, i am a new member with a 90 240sx. love the car. I am looking at all possible mods. including engine swaps exhaust systems and so forth. and as for reading all the info you guys have about the SR20DET. you have been a great help in answering some questions. I have one that no one seems to know about though. I saw last nigth for the first time a 90 240sx with a s15 front on it. It looked amazing. This is what i want to do to the front of my car. If anyone has any info for me. It will be very appreciated....thanks

Daunttless

I will be selling the S13 => S15 Bolt On Conversion for 3,000 dollars. It includes the bumper, supports, headlights, hood, fenders, and all necessary fittings and brackets to make the whole thing bolt on. : )

If you want to do it yourself, it will cost about 2,000 to get all the necessary parts, and then you'll have to pay a ****load of money in labor to custom fit everything, its much easier just to get the bolton kit.

Also, I'm told you can find it for like 2500 or so somewhere, but I have yet to see that, and my price stands at 3,000. Let me know if you're interested and I can have on in October for you. : )

Enjoy your day!

cotts

Do you have any pics of what it looks like on your car. Cause i have seen one pic that looks amazing but i wanna see a few more. also. your price, 3000, i live in Canada. so is that 3000 american or what. thanks for the fast reply.

Daunttless

Thats 3000 American.

I don't have one on my car yet, but I will be putting one on. : ) All the parts are Nissan OEM or West Yokohama Company, and all are new.

The only picture I can show you is the Bomex one. : )

http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/aki180 ... ge...8.jpg

cotts

see, i have a buddy who works at a body shop and that is where i will save a lot of money on labour to cut and fit the parts. I just have no idea where to start with this. so do i just call nissan OEM or west yokohama up and say yeah, i need a fender hood headlights and front bumper from a s15. although i want a bomex front end. and they will send the parts straight from japan.

cotts

and if you do have everything ready and the parts would just bolt on to my car, i would consider buying it from you for 3000.

Daunttless

no, it doesn't work like that. Number 1) West Yokohama won't deal with you unless you are both a business and speak Japanese. : ) 2) You'd have to call Nissan Japan.

Your only source is people like me who import them, or you can piece something together on eBay. : )

cotts

thanks, you've been a help. So when you get the parts, give me a shout. then we can do the deal and hopefully i can get my car looking great. Thanks again

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

damn.. that really does look awsome... i want it now :)

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Just remember that the S13>S15 conversion only looks good on some cars, ive seen plenty that look pretty bad and only about 3 excellent ones. If you wanna do a fun conversions do a SilEighty conversion since its alot cheaper, easier, and still rare.

cotts

what is a sileighty, never seen it. can you send some pics......and i could see that happening because the front fenders would be wider then the rear.....it would look a little odd......but still....looks nuts in the bomex pics.....

Daunttless

Thats why you go for the Do-Luck fender flares and side skirts with it. : ) Makes it look hella sweet.

As far as the Sil-Eighty, have you seen a S13 Silvia? If you have, just imagine that front end with the hatch back end. Its just flat triple projector lights from the front end of the silvia rather than the popups of the 180SX.

midnight brother

I don't get how you could see ****ty S15 conversions...what was ****ty about them? I can't think of how it would look ****ty unless they had terrible cutting / fitting / welding jobs or a bad paint job.

Would this bolt on kit work for the 180SX? I really don't remember if 180SX is an S13 with a changed name or not. With this bolt on kit could you use all year bumpers or only S15.

If you wanted to do a SilEighty would you have to import bumpers and headlights or just headlights or what? Are there any cars you could take stuff from in the us to do the conversion? Would you be offering this conversion in your shop or no since its a straight-forward easy one.

Project D Auto Imaging are offering these on their page:

Project D89-94 Strawberry Face Fenders

Convert your 89-94 Nissan 240 front to the 99+ Nissan S15 Strawberry face. These high quality fiber glass fenders will match up the fender lines of your 240 to that of the S15 headlights.IMAGE COMING SOON!

Sale Price: $900.00

and

Project D95-98 Strawberry Face Fenders

Convert your 95-98 Nissan 240 front to the 99+ Nissan S15 Strawberry face. These high quality fiber glass fenders will match up the fender lines of your 240 to that of the S15 headlights.IMAGE COMING SOON!

Sale Price: $900.00

midnight brother

nevermind about project d i should think those are just for fenders...youd still have to buy headlights which they make u pay 1k for. then youd have to buy a core support. their kit only allows you to use their own "project d fiberglass hood" for 975 dollars because you cant use an oe hood or c-west/etc hood it says. then clear sidemarkers for 100....their kit comes to $3,180.00 plus shipping plus the price of an aftermarket bumper.

do you sell the kits with everything except bumpers because i'd most likely want to grab a target or bomex front. also with your kit project d's kit says you can only use their hood and not oe or other aftermarket hood is it the same way with yours or can you use anything?

it also doesnt say that this is a bolt on process but they make it seem like it is....but thats just your guess and not them reassuring you. i'm now torn between things. i really look forward to your response daunttless

SpeedRacer1

I dont think this looks good, the headlight dont make the car look better in this case, just different.

http://www.takakaira.com/aerok...x.jpg

SpeedRacer1

This on the other hand looks more like it was meant to be.

Also Midnight i wasnt really sure what you were saying back there. But West Yokohama makes fenders for the S13 and S14 that allow you to directly fit the headlights without any cutting. Im not sure which one they come in but its metal or fiberglass. Both metal and fiberglass are now available for direct bolt ons.

Daunttless

The strawberry face conversion that I sell will come with your choice of OEM bumper, Do-Luck Bumper, Bomex Bumper, or really any other aftermarket bumper I can get a hold of. : )

My kit uses all new Nissan OE parts, in addition to the bolt on components. The bolt-on components fit all OE and Aftermarket stuff, not just a specific thing produced by me. ( as I don't produce it )

The S15 kit comes with: bumper, headlights, hood, fenders, all associated supports, latches etc, and bolt-on components

The S13 kit is bolt on to the S13 240SX, coupe or hatchback, its a S13 Silvia front end but both the 180SX and Silvia share the same front end only with different pieces.

The S13 kit comes with: triple projector headlights, fenders, bumper, hood, and headlight brackets.

Did I miss anything?

midnight brother

sure did whats the price of the s13 conversion and does this also come with any aftermarket bumper you can get your hands on :D haha i just have to be picky and down to the finest detail. there are some sweet s13 bumpers. i also see what you mean about s15 eyes looking bad sometimes speedracer1, thanks for those examples.

Daunttless

the price on the S13 conversion is 1000 + shipping.

The bumper you get is whatever bumper came off the car, unfortunately an aftermarket bumper is not included in that price. I also won't be picking and mixing anything unfortunately. You are welcome to purchase an aftermarket bumper and then sell the stock Silvia one, but I won't be making any trades.

Also, generally they try for stock Silvia bumpers, but if its an aftermarket and it looks good, generally they grab that too, so you never know what I might have, but generally its stock. : )

midnight brother

are the s13 headlights these:

1. http://www.oct-net.ne.jp/~sileight/sileighty05.JPG

or

2. http://www.autoimaging.com/gpsports/typer_s13_fr_lg.jpg

im really hoping they are the second ones and if not do you know what the second ones are?

cotts

hey Daunttless, where is your shop or where are you located. and to convert the front of my car to s13 would be cool...it does suit the car a little better.....but i will be willing to take a up close look of the s15 conversion.........i am getting the impression you do this stuff.......and i would be willing to drive to the states for a weekend to change my front end......thats is if you would do it.......

Daunttless

Hehe, yeah, I do that stuff. But I don't paint. : ) However, theres a shop right next to mine that will. : )

I am located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402.

Those are both S13 headlights, the second are triple projectors, thats what I'll be selling. : )

crypt2k
Car: cars, women, what else.

man... im definately getting the s13 front-end.... AND AT THAT PRICE.... it cant be beat!

CYBEREAGLE19
Car: Computers,Cars,Music

hey daunt I am wandering if u also get the gp sports kit? also once this conversions done u can switch between any bumper/hood/headlight made for the s15, and how much would u charge total for the strawberryface conversion including install?

NeedCAforS13
Car: E21 320i
HJ75 Land Cruiser

year old thread buddy...dauntt is kinda out of business if you haven't heard...(the whole afterdark thing?) search if you don't know what I'm talking about...

Sean

captain nismo

wow. this thread was dead for 1 year and 9 days. Let's let it R.I.P

zombieman

i stumble upon this japanese site that was selling the bolt on strawberry for 1500-2000. you're paying less than 3 grand after shipping. probably that's why you see so many strawberry conversion out in japan.

CYBEREAGLE19

see what I get for useing the search feature oh well

CYBEREAGLE19

where can I get this?

captain nismo

Autoimaging carries them as well as jspec. those are the two i know off the top of my head.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”