Strange remote start problem s13 240sx

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Axoure Dragonkin
Car: '92 Nissan 240sx se

So i got my remote start installed this last weekend. And it acts strangely. When I use the remote start, the key will not turn off the ignition (I just turn it off with the remote). When I use the key, the key will turn off the ignition.

Here is the important info for my vehicle...

Manual Swapped (before I get flamed, my setup is wired to both my hand brake and neutral switch on the tranny)
No AT control unit.
The key lock thingy is unplugged. (in column)
Viper 791xv

Any ideas what could be going on?

Not a huge deal. Like I said, after I drive I just have to turn it off with the remote.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

If your taking it on quick trips, you might not be getting through all of the run time for the unit. Also the foot brake switch should shut down the remote start. I'm guessing you didn't install that wire?

Axoure Dragonkin

I did hook up that wire, but now that you mention it, it does not shut down when I press the brake.

I live less than a mile from work so yes short trips.

It seems to act differently than when I had the AT control unit in. For example, the door locks would not arm themselves while driving for about 10 minutes with the AT unit installed. When I pulled it, the door locks started arming when I turn the key to the run position.

Also I'm using a manual s13 ecu.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

If i remember correctly, there are two different switches on the brake pedal and one of them works for the cruise control unit. Double check to make sure that the one you are using gets a +12v signal when you hit the brakes. As far as the locking goes, I'm not sure why the at controller kept it from locking the doors, but that's the way that the alarm works from the factory. You'll have to jump through the fun menus that are in the manual to turn that off if you want to.

Axoure Dragonkin

I was thinking the same thing for the brakes. The wire could always be a different color than what I anticipated.

For the locks, weird isn't it. Does not bother me. The Viper install guide says this is how it is supposed to work so I'll trust that.

The remote start is set to voltage instead of tach (I just didn't want to tap a ECM wire). Don't think that would affect the main problem which is the key not cutting the ignition when remote started. Come to think of it... could the lack of a brake signal affect the remote start?

I could see that being the case...

Step 1... Remote Start
Step 2-Option 1... Brake pressed, Car shuts down.
Step 2-Option 2... Key turned to run position
Step 3... Brake Applied, sends signal to alarm brain to reset ignition
Step 4... Key turned off, car shuts down

I will recheck my connection for the brake this weekend.

Axoure Dragonkin

Yep, that was it.... I had the brake wire hooked up to the cruise control switch. There is a red wire with a green stripe and a green wire with a red stripe right next to each other. Easy mix up.

Now it works exactly how it is supposed to.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”