Stoplamp/Taillamp Inoperative

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
alamda
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

Hello I have a 90 Q45 with 202,000 miles. I have noticed that the computer is telling me that my Stoplamp/Taillamp Inoperative. I have replaced the bulbs and it is still reading the same thing. What do I need to do.

I checked the bulbs and noticed that one of the bulbs is not on to the left side. The wire looks burnt. Can anyone tell me how much will cost online. I went to the dealership and that little part cost over $200.

Also I had the fuel pump replaced in my car and now I'm noticing strong gas fumes everytime I fill my car up. I had it check and the mechanic stated that some of the screws was left out of the pump. Please help, I can't drive the car because of the fumes.

Thank you

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

What wires are burnt? Pictures would be helpful. The socket assembly is about $15-20.

Take the car back to where the fuel pump was replaced... it's easy to strip out the screws in the tank - if that's what happend they need to replace the tank and sending unit.

Heath

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

alamda wrote:Hello I have a 90 Q45 with 202,000 miles. I have noticed that the computer is telling me that my Stoplamp/Taillamp Inoperative. I have replaced the bulbs and it is still reading the same thing. What do I need to do.

I checked the bulbs and noticed that one of the bulbs is not on to the left side. The wire looks burnt. Can anyone tell me how much will cost online. I went to the dealership and that little part cost over $200.

Also I had the fuel pump replaced in my car and now I'm noticing strong gas fumes everytime I fill my car up. I had it check and the mechanic stated that some of the screws was left out of the pump. Please help, I can't drive the car because of the fumes.

Thank you
For the bulbs, like heath said, check the sockets... Also, only use teh sylvania LL or OEM... I used the sylvania from autozone...

It seems that once one goes the rest go soon.... my spoiler mounted stop light went out, i replaced it, and then my tail lights went out , or i got the message...

BTW, it seemed (for some reason) to take a day or 2 before the message went away....

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”