stone guard clear bra for FX

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

Has anyone applied the clear bra from 3M to an FX?? I am wondering if it is worth the $$ for the protection it offers. I would like to hear how it performs, how easy it is to clean the vehicle w/the clear bra, etc.Any answers?

NISTECH

I have seen one of those bras on a Z car. The only thing that comes to mind when looking at it is ,How do you get it off without damaging the paint since its bonded to the surface? if it even took a nasty rock chip and you had to replace it I would think peeling it off would destroy the paint not effected by the chip.

Omahafx

Thanks for the response.....I agree w/you regarding removal, if needed. I guess I need more info.......thanks again.

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

The Infiniti dealer where I live, puts them on all FXs they sell. The bra and a sunroof windguard make up a $1800 "mark-up" package they put on all cars as they come off the trucks - even before they unpack or prep them, it's the very first thing done.I have one on mine, and the best I could do was argue the price down a bit, but couldn't get them to not put one on. They "said" that it's guaranteed for life (original owner), and free replacement - we'll see what time brings.

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I've always been a little hesitant about those clear bras myself, wondering how they'd look and how well they work. I know for a fact, though, that with all of the highway driving that I do, I've been getting quite a few rock chips on the front of mine.

Keep us posted on how well the bra works. I'm really interested in whether or not there are any exceptionally noticeable crease/edge marks where the bra begins and if any fading will be noticed over time.

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Will do... An interesting thing also... they only installed it on the hood, a little bit on the side fenders by the headlight, and on the bottom of the mirrors. The front bumper/grill area is not covered at all. So, if a color difference develops, it will really stand out. They are saying (truth or just a sales pitch?) that the plastic is much better than the earlier versions, it shouldn't discolor nor shred after getting nicked by stones - I'll keep you updated!

Omahafx

I am having the stone guard installed on Monday.....on the bumper, hood, mirrors & the rear bumper top. Ultrashield is doing the install. There is a 4 year warranty and with normal washing/waxing, no fade or color difference should appear. I will update after install.

Return to “Murano Forum”