Stolen 300zx NEED help!!!

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
nixed976
Car: 1990 300zx 2+0 N/A AT Light Metalic Blue

I realize I have only been a member a short time however the Z has been in my family since new. I need your help to find it.

Description:1990 300ZX A/T N/A 2+0 T-tops Light Blue metalic VIN # : JN1RZ24AXLX006740

The story:

The car was purchased new by my aunt shortly after the death of her son Scott (23) from scott motors in Hollywood Florida (north side of Miami). The car was light blue (Scott's favorite color) and was so was purchased in his memory. My father bought the Z from his brother Steve (Scott's dad) when he lost his job just 2 years before retirement in 1998. With the job he also lost his company car. My dad drove it for 9 years as a DD until my brother needed a car to take out to school with him. So the Z then went with my little brother out west to go to school in Taylorsville, UT. He has had it for the past 2 years. This is where I enter in. Always having a love for the history of this car and a passion for cars in general I have always wanted this car to retire in my garage for some TLC as it has been a DD all its life. Finding myself in a similar finical position as my father was in 10 years ago I found myself in need of the Z to become my car. My brother was going to purchase the car i am currently making payments on in August and I was going to take ownership of the Z at that time. That is why i joined this site along with NICO AND TwinTurbo.net To find as much information as I could. Well today... fathers day my dad receives a call from my little brother that the Z had been stolen from his apartment complex in Taylorsville, UT. So i will still be selling my brother my car but I need the Z to come to me and my Families rescue. I realize that no one on here will be driving around in my car and reading this website in fact its probably already in a thousand pieces scattered all over the US but if anyone knows where this car is or who has it let them know that it was more than just some college kids car to ride back and forth to school in.

Contact me with any information or addition details. Contact anyone that you know in the Salt Lake City area that would be able to help.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

dozug
Car: 300zx Twin Turbo

...so someone stole it 2 years ago and you are trying to find it..?

it will be like finding a treasure... GL

nixed976

no my brother took it with him to school 2 years ago it was stolen yesterday (fathers day sunday june 21, 2009)

here is what i have found so far along with a better description on the car and some of its parts:

this guy posted on 300zxclub.com
Doni300z;1733304 wrote:i just bought a light blue 2+0 off craigslist its a 1990 and the car was never hit and was being parted! kid dident have the title i dout it but i can check!
I realize its a long shot but checking into it would be great. When was the car listed? Also do you have any photos.

I have been bugging my brother for the past 2 weeks for photos so i would know what condition the car was in so i could start buying parts but i don't think he ever took any.

This is what i know about the car from the last time i saw it 2 years ago.

~The passenger side door is rusted below the mirror (which i just purchased a new door last week from Brandon on twinturbo.net and drove 3 hours (one way) to pick it up)~The exhaust is in need of repair still had stock exhaust~The engine has some "Ford blue" paint on the valve covers (doesn't match the body as well as my dad had hoped)~The car has close to 225000 on the odometer~Black t-tops as the light blue metallic ones were rusted and replaced~There is a small rust hole just above the windshield~The windshield was cracked i believe is what my brother side not sure how big the crack was~Alpine head unit with Infinity speakers all around (this was my B-Day / Christmas present to my dad when i was 17 and the car was new to him)~Blue interior was in good condition drivers seat had a back panel of fabric removed to replace the commonly worn side of the seat that i was told needs replacing again so the back of the seat fabric isn't an exact match (its a 2+0)~front fascia was missing the lower half (placed a bid on ebay for a new one... now i am glad i didn't win)

I will be checking all three sites constantly along with craigslist and ebay... any other places i should be checking let me know.

envymyz
Car: 90' Twin Turbo Z, stealth rt/tt. 90' Z (sold), 91' Z 2+2 Z (sold), 94' NA A (sold)

twinturbo.net300zxclub.comfairladyzx.comebaycraigslistautotradercars.com

Even more importantly any local Z club around.....good luck.

nixed976

just as an update there have been a few questionable ones popping up online here and there but nothing worth call in about. I have been through almost every US craigslist posting for 300zx found one in rochester, ny that was very similar but the T-tops matched the car where mine are black also in the video there was no rust on the passenger door.

this is the link for the car that was in rochester just so no one questions the guy about it. This is very similar to my car though.

http://rochester.craigslist.or....html

there was also a listing recently for at light blue 1990 2+2 on ebay mine was a 2+0

the only thing i have going for me is there were only 600-700 light metallic blue z's made.

also thanks for the additional places to look. I haven't tried fairladyzx yet

tg

how about some pictures man ;\ seriously.

dozug
Car: 300zx Twin Turbo

yeah or somekind of copy of pink slip

A Paratrooper's 300zx
Car: White 92 300zxTT M/T, Silver 04 MR2 Spyder M/T

Sorry to hear man, I am in the SLC area and I will keep a look out. I am very keen on spotting Z's as I love to just look at them. I am also familiar with the Taylorsville area, so I'll roll through there every now and then. Good luck

300freekzx
Car: 1990 300zx N/A, 1992 Honda Accord LX , 1991 Honda Accord LX, 2006 M35 Sport

solrry for the lost

keeganalennie
Car: 92 300zx tt

what makes you think some one is going to sell it? i personally would not know what to do with a stolen car other than strip it ans sell the parts.

how can someone sell it or even register it?

-keegan

VigorousZX
Car: 1990 na 300zx

If it shows up, it could be beat up pretty bad needing a new transmission and brakes. Who knows what a low life thief will have done to it.

Seeing it is a sentimental car, maybe you can still use the insurance money to buy another car and still have the insurance company let you bid for the car once it shows up... if it ever shows up in one piece.

valkyie
Car: nissan 300zx na

Sorry about your lost. For all of those that read this here is what I do when I park my car on the street overnight I am from ST. Louis, Mo and cars are stolen left and right everyday and night.

1. I take out the ignition relay2. I take out the fuel pump fuse3. Put on my steering wheel club with built in vibration sensor and high pitch ear shattering alarm4. Lock and check each door 5. Remove all eye catching items from view inside the car6. Set my alarm

I suppose you can even disconnect the PTU harness and the car should not start. You can also get a shifter lock collar. The Z is already a eye catching car so you want to do everything you can to make it harder for a would be thief. A thief wants it easy and with all the items mentioned in the eyes of thief he will pass the Z and move to a easier target.

300freekzx
Car: 1990 300zx N/A, 1992 Honda Accord LX , 1991 Honda Accord LX, 2006 M35 Sport

say

nixed976

been a full year and finally came back to look up some information on this site. The car was found 3 1/2 weeks after it was stolen with minimal damage. I hope others have the same luck. They stole the alpine deck I bought my dad for his birthday some 7 years ago and broke the window regulator but other than that they left the bolts for the radio bezal but took everything else along with my original owners manual and some other glovebox items. I put about 15k on it over the past year and have now spun a rod bearing. I replaced the motor and did a 5 speed swap. While I am running this motor I will be rebuilding the old one. Here are a few photos of my progress. The hope is to get her running this weekend! can't wait as she has been down for just under 2 months.

day of the swap... my little brother bought my honda from me and I am taking back the Z

radio for the drive... I hate thieves!!!

heres one of the honda i sold him

maintance items:

5 speed swap time!

motor before engine pull

replacing seals/gaskets on the trans

nismo pilot bearing install (numbers out)

clutch/flywheel installed

Color combo (temporary) this will change for the TT build in a couple years i will go with valve covers that are powder coated to match exterior and a silver powdercoated plenum so (blue and silver)

ready to be dropped in!!!

and where she was sitting last saturday

not anywhere close to being clean but hey she's got 245k on the clock and has been a DD ever since day 1. The time will soon come when she gets a brake and a good overhaul with lots of extras!

thanks to all those who helped... and mods if you could change the title to "stolen 300zx RECOVERED!!!"

ztommyx

^^ i've seen that Z running around town..
always thought it was a cool baby blue as it's pretty rare...

nice to see you've got her back :dblthumb:

NissanFairladyZ32
Car: 91, Twin Turbo, 99 Miata 1.8L

very nice i remember this thread

javi_91TT
Car: 1991 nissan 300zx twin turbo, 91 TT auto, 89 silverado

glad to hear you got her back. Take good care of it.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Glad to see a Z come back to its owner. Keep us updated on the progress.

TooZXY
Car: 1991 300zx TT

I love happy endings

kbterrell
Car: 1991 300zx non-turbo

Taking a chance but I'm in STL and want a 5-speed swap in my 90 z32. Any info with mechanic shop willing to perform swap? Was your's worth it (I already know the answer)...
Thanks

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

You're reviving a 9 year old thread to ask an unrelated question, I can with almost complete certainty say that the OP and many of the others no longer frequent the forum. Starting your own thread was a good idea, perhaps try doing so in your regional forum because generally shops that work on S chassis also handle Zs.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”