Stock Radio Wont Turn On

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
coolest35
Car: B16 Sentra 2.0 S

Hey guys,

I tried putting in a aftermarket radio into my 09 sentra (mid range audio) via metra harness hook up. Couldn't get it to power on, checked the metra harness connections, which are okay.

I than tried putting the stock radio back in, which won't power on, neither does the info screen, I can however when turning lights on get the stereo lights to illuminate, there is no activity with the player itself, i.e. doesn't accept CD's, do anything with power on/off, seek etc., the info screen won't turn on either.

I've checked the fuses located in the cabin (where the audio ones are), visually nothing obvious, I went ahead and replaced the one labelled "radio", plan is to check the 12V and Ground wires going to the car tomorrow with a multimeter, but can't figure out why the above is happening.

What i think i have eliminated:

1) blown fuse somewhere
2) Security feature? (per research, none to begin with)

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Thanks

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Well, fuse comes to mind first. Use a voltmeter on continuity to test fuses, not your eyeballs. You might have mixed up your memory wire with your power wire is a possibility with that harness to radio wiring. Radios often have a fuse in the back of them. See if you blew those (possible with mixed up power wires). There's a chance you removed a ground bolt and didn't put it back, but that's kind of slim with you using a wiring harness.

Yeah, check the wires with no stereo in there. At least the 12V constant (memory), the ground and the 12V power (comes on with the car keys in acc).

Please keep us updated.

Welcome to NICO Club!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”