Stock Radio/CD player problems

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
GsaSlick
Car: 1994 N/A Slicktop 5-Speed

Whenever I try to use a CD in the stock CD player the top radio part turns off and I can't get the CD to come out of the speakers. I cannot understand how I'm supposed to control the volume etc if the top part goes off. All my fuses checked out I'm just really stumped. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks guys.

leerandallstewart
Car: 1993 300ZX, 1987 300ZX, 1988 300ZX Turbo

That sounds like a short either in the harness or inrternally in the head unit. There is a guy called "Wild Bill" and he specializes in Z Car Stereos. He rebuilds, tests, basically fixes them all really well.

Here is a link:

http://www.webwarden.net/wildbill/radio.php

Good luck!

dantesdoom
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx N/A
1997 Nissan Pickup

If its the stock unit...i wouldnt have it fixed unless you REALLY want to keep it all stock...its getting old, seeing as how you have a 1990. I would save my money and get a new unit or such that will last longer, be more reliable, and have more power

GsaSlick
Car: 1994 N/A Slicktop 5-Speed

thanks lee I'll check it out

I was really hoping it was an easy fix dante, i definitely plan on upgrading the unit but I've got a few other things I have to take care of first (new bumper, hood, and some hail damage on top) I'd like to just be able to listen to a cd here and there, but I completely agree that I'm in need of an upgrade.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”