stock amps?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
bazan
Car: workin' on my 240, hanging with Katie!

I think I've read somewhere that my '91 240SX SE hatchback came with factory amplifiers in the system. I'm going to finish the install of a CDA-7873 Alpine head unit soon, will the internal amp on the head unit cause a problem with these supposed factory amps? If I am entirely wrong please correct me. Thanks

SR20DET240
Car: Um... cars

no, because when I took out the Alpine you had in there, it worked fine factory amps or not. The only difference between this one and the old alpine is that this deck has more power than the other one.

bazan

ah thank you my wise and opinionated friend. That does make sense since both are CDA-78**'s.

SR20DET240
Car: Um... cars

lets see so now thats 486,542,762,005 points for me and i believe you had one or two some time ago.

j/k. post more and ditch the hubcaps!

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

FYI, i have some really cool info on a new line of factory amplifier adaptors to run aftermarket speakers off of factory amps. More to come on that...

bazan

So what are you saying Simmsled? That there are factory amps? Now I'm confused....

Simmsled

I am saying that shortly there will be factory amp adaptors to run factory systems (like Bose, for those cars that have those systems) to run aftermarket speakers. You are safe with your system setup. SR20DET240 had you covered. Good show ol chap!

240canuck

the way my Panasonic head unit was wired to my speakers it was going through the factory amps in the doors and sounded like s*** once I removed the factory amps and was runnign just off my panasonic headunit internal amp it sounded way better. my theory is the factory amps are what power the speakers until you remove them. now that i removed them and bypassed them it sounds way better. Oh I have a 92 240sx HB

Simmsled

Yea, ya gotta get those factory amps outta there.

Raigeki

I've been told that the 'active speaker' system that comes stock in s13 240sx's basically implies that there is some sort of stock amp system with the speakers. I've also been told that these stock amps are really crappy. ^_^ I just recently installed some new pioneer speakers in my '89 s13 (yea, I know there are better brands, but I just have a thing for pioneer ^_^) and was wondering where these stock amps are exactly? When I installed the door speakers, I saw some small circuitry right next to where the speaker was that the +/- wires came from, so I can assume these are the amps for those speakers, but where are the amps for the rears? Any help would be great, thanks! ^_^

Raigeki

Just installed some pioneers all around and got rid of the stock. My front passenger speaker was making a weird thumping sound every time there was any bass and it was bugging, so I got rid of it all. I think I saw the amps for the front speakers behind the speakers (they looked like little circuit boards where the speaker wires passed through?) so I just bypass this circuit board to get around? Also, are there any amps for the rears or are they only for the front? My whole system is sounding better, but its definitely lacking in bass. Gotta get the stock head unit outta there ^_^

240canuck

if its a s13 hatchback then its under the driver's side rear speaker and it must be bypassed aswell i put up a wiring chart somewhere try searchign for it i documented everything when I did mine, on the board somewhere

240canuck

drivers side rear speker under the speaker if its a HB if its a coupe i'm not sure

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”