stock alarm on Nissan

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
1997MaximaSE

Did the maxima Se come with a stock alarm? Do the remotes on ebay really work? What are the FCC numbers that they metion on the listing?Do they have to match up with some numbers on the car?

NISTECH

yes they came with factory alarms. The way to tell if yours is equipped . roll down your drivers window and exit the vehicle be sure to close all the doors,trunk,and hood. Use your key to lock the drivers or passengers door. watch the light on the drivers side of your steering wheel that says security. when you lock the door that light should go on solid. after 1 to 1 and a half mins it should start flashing slowly. reach inside your door and pull the lever to unlock your drivers door (Do not use the electric switch to unlock it) then open the door. the alarm should go off. to deactivate it use your key to unlock the door( I know the doors open, but the switch in there turns the alarm off) Several of the nissan remotes look alot alike. The fcc # can not be matched to the car but rather matched to a know good working remote for the car which I assume you dont have. I have a refference chart here and if I can find it I will see if it shows any type of reffrence # you can use to identify it. My chart lists all nissan remotes to 2002.

NISTECH

the remote you posted in ebay does infact match the one in my reffrence chart visually. The chart only shows part numbers not fcc #'s but it is the only nissan remote shown with a trunk button in my chart. and it is for all maximas built from 2/94 to 3/99(My 95 to MY 99). All A32 max's.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”