Stillen Exhaust

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
PostalsQ

My Stillen was delivered today. Research showed the pipe diameter to be 2 1/2 inch diameter overall, so I was ok with that. However. The exhaust exit is suppose to be 2 1/4 inch diameter per Stillen. All YouTube vids I saw, I wasn't super impressed with. Was hoping for a little more grunt. But Q70's just don't have a lot of bolt on options. Ark or Stillen only. My plan is to install Kinetix HFC's, Motordyne xyz Resonated Y pipe and of course the Stillen. Hoping I'll have a much more aggressive exhaust note with the 3 combined.

The packaging for the Stillen was significant. It all looks really good. Welds looked clean. Can't wait to get it installed. Have the HFC's at home. Waiting on Motordyne. Z1 gave me an ETA of the 1st to be shipped. Once I have all 3 together. I'll try and get it all installed at once. No plans to tune till I do Intake, plenum, CAI & TB's.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

PostalsQ wrote:My Stillen was delivered today. Research showed the pipe diameter to be 2 1/2 inch diameter overall, so I was ok with that. However. The exhaust exit is suppose to be 2 1/4 inch diameter per Stillen. All YouTube vids I saw, I wasn't super impressed with. Was hoping for a little more grunt. But Q70's just don't have a lot of bolt on options. Ark or Stillen only. My plan is to install Kinetix HFC's, Motordyne xyz Resonated Y pipe and of course the Stillen. Hoping I'll have a much more aggressive exhaust note with the 3 combined.

The packaging for the Stillen was significant. It all looks really good. Welds looked clean. Can't wait to get it installed. Have the HFC's at home. Waiting on Motordyne. Z1 gave me an ETA of the 1st to be shipped. Once I have all 3 together. I'll try and get it all installed at once. No plans to tune till I do Intake, plenum, CAI & TB's.

Welcome and keep up posted, you should see a difference in performance and power.

PostalsQ

Pretty disappointed. Got bored. Installed my Stillen today. The compression clamps that mate up to the mid pipe were 2 1/4 inch. So I'm going to say the whole system appears to be 2 1/4. I spoke to Stillen prior to purchasing and they said it was a 2 1/2 inch system. In case anyone's interested.

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

I have full stillen and kintex hfc and intakes.brings car to life...check my build for my video.or check youtube.pretty sure i was the first with hfc intake an exhaust.sound amazing! No drone.do a ecu reset after install so your car relearns everything.

PostalsQ

I'm surprised you didn't go with a Y-pipe too Beachbum. Now when you say intake. CAI? Or lower intake manifold? And thank you btw for the input. Also what's your opinion on the Kinetix. My tuner is not a fan. Says their a low quality product. Not agreeing with him. But. Thought I'd ask since you mentioned you have them installed. I'll try & search YouTube for your video.

beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

The upper y pipe will not give u much more gain.if u like wasting money be my guest.so i didnt bother.i have r2c cai.i like my hfc kinetix's.they do there job and wont blow codes.no rust or color changing. And are well built.im happy i didnt spend 600 on other brands just for there name.i did alot of reasearch before i bought them.mostly on the g37 and 370 forums.ive been to dozens of car shows.heard so many different exhaust combinations on g37,370z.people dont even know my hfc's are kinetix.they mostly say stillen or intentions.then i say kinetix lol.sounds great right.

PostalsQ

Agreed. I saw the price. Didn't see any negative reviews on them. Pulled the trigger & bought Kinetix. Wow. Your bummin me out now about my Y-pipe purchase. I tried searching the YouTube for your description. Couldn't find anything. Do ya have a link or title to that video your speaking of?

PostalsQ

Just searched your profile & found your build & vids. Excellent build. Riding on bags I hear really smoothes out the ride.

JCesar

I need to replace my Y-Pipe! I have a similar system and my Pipe is starting to leak and rattle.

Full Stillen system, Invidia HFC's and a Takeda Intake system. the car sounds great! idle sounds better and not loud at all. under normal speeds you can hardly tell that I have anything in the car, super quiet just like oem in the expressway. but hit that gas pedal and go WOT and the car comes to life with a sound that seriously turns heads

DKASM37
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q70 Hybrid
Hermosa Blue/Wheat Interior
Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit
K&N Drop-In Filters

Once u start installing hfc's, exhausts, intakes, etc..without a proper tune, the car can begin to run too rich or too lean which can result in damage to ur engine n other components. I wouldn't wait too long to get that tune u had mentioned at the top of ur post.

PostalsQ

Sounds great JCesar. Look into the Motordyne xyz Ypipe. I know Beachbum has his opinion that it won't make a difference. But I respectfully disagree with him. But I can see his point. For the money invested and the minor gain in performance. I'm hearin what he's layin down. But with HFC's and uncorking the rest of the system. I think it has to be beneficial overall.

Dkasm37, appreciate the warning. Definitely going to get her tuned asap. Thought I could do the exhaust 1st then do the upper engine. Intake manifold. Plenum. EPS TB's & Injen CAI. Then schedule an appointment for UPRev tuning. This stuff is addicting as all hell. Looking at beachbums build. Now I want wheels and coilovers. LOL

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”