STILL Problems with my Infiniti

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
CentralCommando

My 2004 G35X sedan has a rattle coming from the rear of the passenger side (I think its coming from there). The car has been back to the dealership twice. After insulating the entire roof area and inside panels, the car was delivered back to my residence. After riding it on the rather rough roads in my area, both the technician and I still heard the rattle. The car went back a third time and was kept at the dealership for a week.While the technician claims that its much better, he still hears the rattle. The car is being delivered back to me tommorrow and Im going to test drive it with the technician. If it still rattles, my only alternative is to call Infiniti (the dept of consumer affairs) directly and get them to get an engineer to the dealership (Flemington Infiniti). I heard of someone else calling Infiniti consumer affairs and nothing was done, so I really dont expect them to do much. The car cost me $34K. I purchased a Toyota for $10K less three years ago and the damn thing didnt rattle. New Jersey has a lemon law. I was thinking of suing under said law if Infiniti doesnt want to do anything.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Sorry to hear about your problems. There is no reason that a $34k should have rattles. I am surprised that they can't locate the problem and fix it. At least the service tech does know that it is there and they are trying to fix it, but that is little consolation considering how much you paid for the car. I don't think that a rattle would be cause for suit under a lemon law. Those laws are usually for mechanical problems that render the care unsafe or unusable. Your car is safe and usable it just may be annoying. I would hope that consumer affairs can help out. I've heard several people here on NICO have had decent results when dealing with them. I'm not sure about this, but isn't there a section in the paperwork you signed where if you have to have the car in for service for the same problem more than 3 times that they have to replace the vehicle? I may be completely wrong on that, but I think that it would be worth it to you take a look through you paperwork and see if there is such a clause. If so, then demand a new car.

Keep us posted on your situation. I hate to hear that somone is not happy with their G35. I am glad to hear though that the dealer is doing what they can to remedy the situation. Hopefully Infiniti will do the same.

CentralCommando

Thanks for your response, Ryd.Actually, the "three times in service" rule is part of the Lemon law in New Jersey. Im not sure that I signed anything at the dealership saying I get a new car if its in for service three times with a problem. The dealer has put a lot of effort into fixing the car and I cant say Im unhappy with them. Its just frustrating. One of the reasons I chose the Infiniti was its reliability and quality. I honestly think someone doped off on the assembly line when they put together my car. Its good to know that you say people got decent results when calling Infiniti. There is one guy who told me he did with problems on his new I35 and he CLAIMS that Infiniti did nothing. The dealer had to do something.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”