Still getting P2101 Code After Throttle Body Change

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
10aCMike
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima SV

My trouble started on a very cold morning when my battery died. When I attempted to start the car there seemed to be just enough juice to activate some of the electrical system. The engine never attempted to turn over, but I could here what sounded like relays opening and closing in the engine fuse box, and the car was stuck doing this for about 5 minutes. I could not turn the ignition back to off, it was just stuck in this sequence. Eventually I was able to get the ignition switch back to off and stop what ever was going on electrically. I suspect some electrical components may have been harmed during this process but did not find any blown fuses. I do not know how to check relays.

I attempted to jump start the car, it would attempt to start but would not. A mobile mechanic that just finished replacing my axel, and assisting with starting the car sprayed gasoline into the intake to no avail. I bought a new battery, installed it and it still would not start. I bought a scanner, pulled the codes and got: P2101 and P2119. I figured the copious amount of gasoline sprayed into the intake may have mixed with carbon on the back side of the throttle body and mucked up the intake. I removed the throttle body and it was indeed mucked up from the fuel spray and carbon. I removed the throttle body and thoroughly cleaned it and the MAF sensor with the proper chemicals, and reinstalled. The car would then start but would only idle to 1K RPMS, and slightly jump above then back to 1K when the peddle was pressed. It would continue to run until turned off, but was otherwise unresponsive beyond the aforementioned. In addition it was still throwing the P2101 and P2119 codes. I tried the different reprograming methods to no avail.

I ordered a used throttle body, cleaned it, replaced the gasket and installed the second throttle body. Nothing changed, I'm getting the same response. I temporarily got a P0221 code, but now it's only throwing the P2101 code again. I don't know if the electrical system being stuck in limbo for about 5 minutes from the low battery killed some electrical components, if I happened to receive a bad used part, or if the mechanic spraying copious amounts of fuel into the intake washed muck down into the cylinder and messed something up.

Any insight appreciated!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”