Sticky Headlights

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
dirigo1
Car: Nissan 240sx convertible

My 1993 vert is still completely stock. Noticed a few forum members have had trouble in the past with headlights that don't work properly. Here's my recent experience.

The driver side headlight has had a mind of its own for quite some time. It opened OK, but got stuck when trying to retract. Sometimes it would retract a few seconds after the passenger side one retracted; other times it would stay up until I turned the headlight switch on, and then go down{maybe) when I turned the switch off. I decided to get it looked at a few weeks ago.

After checking all the usual suspected gremlins in the electrical system, the tech found there were dirty contacts in the headlight switch. The tech took the switch apart, wire brushed the contacts, and used contact cleaner to finish cleaning the contacts. He reassembled and reinstalled the switch, and the headlight has worked fine since then.

Good to see both headlights working together again.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”