Sticky A/C button

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

The A/C button on my 2007 Versa S sticks so that I have to mash it repeatedly for it to turn on/off. I can turn it on by turning the vent dial to defrost, but then it is pretty much stuck ON until I mash at it for several minutes.

I can't find a part number to order a replacement for it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it and/or find a part to replace?

Thanks

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Um yeah you are most likely going to have to replace the entire climate control unit...

There are a few used ones and (new ones) on ebay right now...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=n ... 7&_sacat=0

Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

sorry for the slow reply. Mine should be here any day now, thanks

mrballcb
Car: 2007 Versa S

For about 5 years now, the compressor on my 07 Versa just stayed on all the time. I couldn't turn it off other than turning the blower off, but it hasn't been a problem. The compressor has slowly been wearing out though, the last time I had it charged about a year ago, the tech said that there was only about 20 psi increase across the compressor, not good. I lived with no A/C for about a year. Finally about 3 weeks ago I had a shop drain the A/C system, I replaced the compressor and condensor, then had the shop leak test and charge the A/C system. It's been working great, other than the compressor still stays on all the time (that the blower is running).

Today I took it in to the Nissan dealer and they did some recall work (changed the driver and passenger airbags). They had the battery disconnected for about 3 hours while they did the work. I signed the paperwork, hopped in the car, and started heading home. I very quickly noticed that it wasn't blowing cold air, and that the A/C indicator was off. Just like in the past, pressing the button didn't turn it on. I went back inside and spoke with them, and their shop manager said they didn't touch the dash where the A/C control unit was. I drove it back home, planning to take things apart and troubleshoot.

Then I saw the OP:
> I can turn it on by turning the vent dial to defrost, but then it is pretty much stuck ON until I mash at it for several minutes.

That triggered a memory that it had done the same thing for me in the past. I ran outside, cranked the car, turned it to defrost, and the compressor kicked on. Yay! And then it stayed on. YAY!! Good enough for me.

I just wanted to drop and note and say thanks for the hint in your OP.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”