Sticking Brake

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
MR Stephenson
Car: 2007 Nissan Frontier 4.0 V-6 4WD Crew Cab 6'2" bed

I have a 2007 Frontier 4.0 Crew Cab 4WD with a 6'1" bed. The problem is that the Right Front caliper will start sticking after about 6 months for no reason that I can find. The system has been flushed, hoses have been changed, calipers have been changed and new pads have been installed, also the master cylinder has been changed as well as the brake booster. There are no codes in the ABS system. Any ideas will be welcomed.

dmtaurus
Car: 2014 Frontier

If you open the bleeder does the caliper release the rotor?

MR Stephenson
Car: 2007 Nissan Frontier 4.0 V-6 4WD Crew Cab 6'2" bed

I finally just gave up and replaced all the calipers and pads again with a different manufacture. The caliper that was giving me all of the problems had a nick in the side of the piston wall. If this was the root of all the problems I guess I will never know. Now all of the brakes are working great. Rotors are nice and shiney and there is no smell of burned brakes when I get out of the truck. The manufacture of the calipers that were giving me problems was power stop. I think that it might have been just a fluke with that one caliper. I am still using power stop rotors and pads and I switched to cardone calipers and things are going great.

dmtaurus
Car: 2014 Frontier

Glad you found out and that it's fixed.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”