stickies

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
I H8 UR DSM

If you mods would like me to do any write ups on any SR20det info, install, parts, explaination, etc....let me know, ill write some stuff up for the board....for stickies

:poke

Daunttless

We should take some time to go thru all that stuff, and list it as a sticky. That had been one of my original intentions for the new board, was if we got nothing else, we'd have stickies. And now, since everything is broken down, we can sticky all the basic information for the SR20s to the top. Do you think we should lock the threads down so that information can only be added by authorized people, or do you think we should leave it open and deal with the misinformation as it arises?

I H8 UR DSM

i think it should be locked, and people can post questions in a thread right below it, ya know?

Daunttless

Yeah, I figure if the standard information is locked, there really is no need to have discussion about facts. Questions can just be put in normal threads then, that way we don't have to deal with confusion in stickies, and sorting through like 15 pages of posts to find the information that was supposed to be clear.

Anand

Hello... I am not a pro at the whole car stuff. I barely got my 240 and haven't done much of it yet but as for my .02, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of having a forum if you guys lock the information? don't rip me for this but you know what I mean, I may not know a whole lot about the mods but I know a little and maybe I have had a problem that I can talk about...

:batman

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Black240 wrote:Hello... I am not a pro at the whole car stuff. I barely got my 240 and haven't done much of it yet but as for my .02, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of having a forum if you guys lock the information? don't rip me for this but you know what I mean, I may not know a whole lot about the mods but I know a little and maybe I have had a problem that I can talk about...

They just want typical facts locked, not the forums. Stuff like bore and stroke of the engine, what size tires you can use, etc. Believe me, you can lock that stuff and there will still be a million things to talk about in the forum.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Daunttless wrote:Yeah, I figure if the standard information is locked, there really is no need to have discussion about facts. Questions can just be put in normal threads then, that way we don't have to deal with confusion in stickies, and sorting through like 15 pages of posts to find the information that was supposed to be clear.
If anybody cares to write anything like that, I will sticky it and lock it. Just make sure you do it in a nice format and spell stuff correctly. Just make a post and email me, and I'll sticky it and stuff.

Anand

oOOoo... I get it.. Sankoo! :) :) :)

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

don't forget to put places and names of people where we can get stuff like say front clips and the engines and all that stuff too because i know everyone and their brother wants to know it and can never remember it when the time comes

Robbie

Atom12
Car: Baggo, cars, and more recently home improvement...I need a job.

I think maybe a pro/con section of the two motors would be good. I know there is a site with an article writen comparing the two. http://members.iinet.net.au/~s...r.htm But we have some really passionate and knowledgable people here who I think could explain it further. I mean I'm trying to learn but I don't think the article mentioned pushrods in the sr20. Maybe a permanant forum for arguing the two would be good. I don't know I would just like to be able to go to a place, read the arguments, ask a couple qustions and then make my decision. I really hate the search, I never get exactly what I'm looking for.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Atom12 wrote:I think maybe a pro/con section of the two motors would be good. I know there is a site with an article writen comparing the two. http://members.iinet.net.au/~s...r.htm But we have some really passionate and knowledgable people here who I think could explain it further. I mean I'm trying to learn but I don't think the article mentioned pushrods in the sr20. Maybe a permanant forum for arguing the two would be good. I don't know I would just like to be able to go to a place, read the arguments, ask a couple qustions and then make my decision. I really hate the search, I never get exactly what I'm looking for.
Um...SR20's don't have pushrods. I think you meant to say lifters. They have lifters, but no pushrods. CA and KA have neither.

AkaiRPS13
Car: Kyoumi wa kuruma ya bujitsu ya nihongo desu.

the stock turbos on s13-15 ca+sr's, what flanges do those have cuz I was lookin at manifolds and they have two options for t25 flanges.??? TD04 and TD05. :confused: no clue. some help from the japan engine gurus please

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I wanna say they are TD04, but don't quote me on it. I think TD05 is like the Mistubishi style. But am also not thinking straight right now, so who knows.

usuck

Daunttless wrote:We should take some time to go thru all that stuff, and list it as a sticky. That had been one of my original intentions for the new board, was if we got nothing else, we'd have stickies. And now, since everything is broken down, we can sticky all the basic information for the SR20s to the top. Do you think we should lock the threads down so that information can only be added by authorized people, or do you think we should leave it open and deal with the misinformation as it arises?
this is a great idea. i mod on another board, and we have similar stickies. we found that locking them saves a lot of headaches and flaming, which ='s lower site cost:D

ttt

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”