Steriods in MMA

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/blog/_/nam ... arwin-fire

Apparently Shane Carwin was linked to steriods...Here's a fun fact...EVERY PRO ATHELETE HAS DONE PEDs AT SOME POINT. Everyone does that at some point. Look at Brock in college and look at him in the WWE...I'm sure that was from hard work right? You think Olympic atheletes haven't done steriods at some point? Ha! I can't get in to it too much or tell my sources but I know first hand that most D1 college athelets take steriods and are told to by their strength coaches. The strength coaches say that they cannot recover without them. Make the stupid things legal already. If you want to take steroids and get cancer to make millions being a pro athelete, do it. Why should I care?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I agree 100%. Honestly, I think the uproar and outrage is foolish.

Since when did we decide pro athletes were smart people? They're making as much money as they can before their body gives out. So, what's the problem?

RCA

I am over the "Steroids in sports" issue. Sports is big money so people will do anything and everything to excel no matter what the long term consequences are. It's just like Wall Street and big banking. And trust me you don't need sources to know what D1 athletes and pro athletes take steroids.

I went to a Parochial 2 Catholic high school and we had about 20% of the football team on the juice. Parochial 2 is small schools (under 500 kids) and yet steroids had an influence on our sports. I could only image Parochial 4 schools like Don Bosco and Bergen Catholic never mind D1 colleges (1000+ students)...

UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:...Here's a fun fact...EVERY PRO ATHELETE HAS DONE PEDs AT SOME POINT. Everyone does that at some point.
It's fun, but it isn't a fact! Can you prove that?

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

UpStar wrote:
vikesfankevin1986 wrote:...Here's a fun fact...EVERY PRO ATHELETE HAS DONE PEDs AT SOME POINT. Everyone does that at some point.
It's fun, but it isn't a fact! Can you prove that?
Maybe not every pro athelete but close to it. That will never be something you can prove because they don't do enough random drug testing in the off season to prove it. I am going by what numerous MMA fighters have said and also what other athletes have said about it in many different sports. Comments like that have been made in baseball, football and cycling.
Also my friend is just finishing up his degree in Kinesiology. He already interviewed for an internship at Ohio State and got it, but turned it down. This week he has an interview at the school he is getting the degree from. He is looking at being a strength and conditioning coach. Taking classes with and talking to the strength and conditioning coaches of top D1 schools he has learned quite a bit. I can't get too deep into it because I don't want to say something that is going to get my school in trouble but I can tell you for a fact that D1 schools DO prescribe steriods from sports ranging from Football to Hockey. The main reason is to recover from the workouts because they are so intense. Most of it is off season use.
I worked as a personal trainer in the Air Force and in the civilian world. I have spend hours upon hours on bodybuilding.com. In the 80s my dad was probably in the top 10 in the country in his weight class for bench press and everyone was telling him to do steriods for various reasons. I also wrestled in high school at a school that was ranked 5th in the nation. 60-1 was our record. Right now I live in Apple Valley (or claim it) and they are ranked number 1 in the nation. They are always in the top 10 in the nation.
I also train and plan to compete in MMA. I am not some airhead pulling s*** out of my a** when I make claims like that.
But no, it will never be PROVEN because people won't admit it.
Look at this situation...
18 year old...6' 3" 260lbs...ripped...under 10% body fat...Throws a baseball over 100mph.
He said he got like that from eating a lot of eggs. Really? Eggs are the key? Even considering that the male body, on average, does not even finishing developing until the age 17.5? He was able to naturally get a body like that on a frame that JUST developed? Why do you think college athletes exceed high school athletes by so much? It's because their bodies are now ready to train the way it is required. The male bodies physical prime is actually around age 31, however a womens is under 16, kinda weird, I know, but those are the facts.

Return to “The Sports Bar”