Stereo System Question

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Dave 88 LSC

Is it possible to install a small box in the trunk with 2 12's and would it work well? I don't know how the gas tank is going to play a role here. With the bass be lost due to the gas tank position?Also, has anyone substituded the stock speakers with aftermarket units, using and aftermarket Amp but retaining the stock radio. Can the clarity be as good or better than stock.

The reason I am asking is, a lot of 90-96 Q45's have the Amps or speakers blown. I know rebuilding the stock components is one way to go.Also, if a woofer box cann't be installed how do I go about adding more Bass.

Thanks !

Woodmister

You can use a line output converter for 30 bucks. This will allow you to use an aftermarket amp by using you speaker outputs, connect it to this converter and then plug you amp into this converter.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi...m&a=0

aemikeg

I've heard q's with a couple of subs in the trunk that worked pretty well. cut out the storage box on the rear shelf and make a grill for the bass to come through. if your fuel pump is going you will really hear it though.interfacing with the factory system is simple.

machinehead

you just have to be creative in how u make your box

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”