Stereo recommendation

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I need a new stereo for my car. I've been out of the car audio realm for years and stereos can do so much now that I'm out of my depth. I don't mind paying for quality so price is the last consideration. I need the following things:

1 DIN size
CD/DVD player
Flip out screen
Back up camera hookup
Bluetooth phone connectivity
This is my phone http://www.theverge.com/products/aquos-sh-01d/4144

Anything over and above that is just icing on the cake.

I am not brand fixated. At one point or another most major brands have left me with a dead stereo.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

My personal favorite option for aftermarket stereo is Clarion. They used to make some great stuff, then made some really lame products in the 90's, but re-imaged themselves in 2000 and started producing some of the best options in the industry, IMO. They're the only brand I use these days if/when I upgrade a stock stereo.

There are two models that would fit your conditions. VZ401 and NZ503. Both have a 7" touch screen, back up camera hookup, bluetooth, dvd ability, remote control (my favorite), and a hoard of additional extras. The only complaint that I've seen from owners is that you have to retract the screen yourself- it doesnt happen automatically when you turn the car off. However, since you have come into the habit of turning off your traction control the moment you get in your car, I figure that this probably won't be a problem for you. Here is a website with both of them to compare side by side.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_f114 ... creen.html

Also a note- most units like this need a parking brake bypass in order to watch movies in motion. I suggest buying one for a few bucks on Ebay if you're interested in that option.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”