Stereo Is Finally Out

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
94maxSE

For some time, I had some intermittent problems with my Bose stereo (integrated, large unit with CD and Tape) - it would go on and off (the main unit) at different times when using the car. Once on, it would generallyt stay on for the remainder of the drive.

Finally, the occasional problem turned permanent - the head unit never came back . . . anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

NISTECH

connection prob on circuit board inside. we just do a parts exchange at the dealer. we never repair them but i would guess you have a soilder problem at the main connector on the back of the radio. pull it out of the dash while still connected and push or pull on the harness slightly while trying to turn it on. see if it comes on. if it does open it up and check the soilder joints where the connector mounts to the circuit board.

94maxSE

Thanks - I will give that a try Nistech. When you say parts exchange, what do you mean? Which part can be exchanged/is still available?

NISTECH

the whole radio but it only applied under warrenty. you would have to send your out for repair. and that can be pricey. your local nissan dealer can send it out for repair and get you a ball park estimate on repair

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”