Stereo display and security system

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
jchyck
Car: 1996 J30

Hi ya'll I am new to the forum and have been finding it quite helpful. I just got a 96 J30 last week and have a couple of questions. First my radio works fine but the display doesn't light up, if I hit a bump it will occassionally come on but then goes back out is this possibly just loose wiring or will I need to replace the entire system (would like to keep the original) Also there is a security light on the dash and on the window there is a security alert sticker, does this car come with a factory installed security system and if so what type is it. Thanks in advance.

Gerardjg
Car: 2007 Cobalt LS
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

Your problem could be in the dimmer switch on the left side below the speedometer Try playing with that with the head lights on and off. They are known to go bad also check the connectors behind the radio.

As to the alarm yes it is standard you will need the key fob to activate it.

I E-mailed ya an owners manual

werewolf
Car: '95 J30

I just bought a 95 J30 today and it is amazing how many people have exactly the same problems. You think that Nissan/Infiniti would have recalls and fix the darn things instead of us figuring it out. Anyway, can you email me the manual also. I am fighting the ever-locking doors, the sunroof, and the non-displaying stereo display, too.

Much appreciated.

Werewolf

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

for the stereo display, see the following link...

http://madchef.5u.com/maxima/bose/bose.html

seems a resistor becomes loose

J30Guy612
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

Has anyone successfully done the radio resistor fix?

I mean, I can pickup a soldering gun, and I'm sure I can get the correct resistors also.

But I am unsure about how diffucult the procedure actually is?

Also, is there a way to test the resistor that is in question, or is it kind of just replacing it and hoping to see if it corrects the problem?

I picked up a BOSE head unit for $150 about a year ago, and now the CD display is starting to flicker...

Hope I didn't waste my money completely.

Thanks!

scottj30
Car: infiniti j30

could u email me that as well [email protected] thanks

fourdrinie

Good News....I had the radio display flicker as mentioned in a whole bunch of posts....finally had a Sunday afternoon and time to attempt the repair....It works...just follow the instructions, disassemble the radio and get a pencil tip soldering iron and just reflow the solder on the two joints...Worked like a charm!!!

No more flicker!!!

carleaston
Car: Infinity 1993 J30
Nissan 1995 XE Pickup

My 1993 J30 Bose radio display just stopped working.
Does anyone still have a link or detailed info on what resistor everyone above mentioned to fix the problem?
Or what circuit card or area the poor soldering in on so I can at least attempt a fix?

Also, the CD just stopped working as well.
Takes the CD in , but can't read it.
Any quick fixes for that?

Thanks!

.........carleaston

fourdrinie

I have done this repair to the cracked solder joints in the circuit board in the radio..all it does is repair the display.
I will try to post the link to this fix later today, when I can get home and look it up in my files.
The cd fix will have to be a separate fix.

fourdrinie

ok, the link listed above is the one (madchef) I got the info from....unfortunately the website is no longer operational.
I did make a hard copy backup of the pages....if you email me your mailing address, I can snail mail you a copy of the pages....
However, the display board is the one where you want to resolder the resistor in location R510 (resistor value of 470 ohms)

Niti QX4
Car: 2004 Nissan Xterra

Hi fourdrinie;

I was hoping you could email the hard copy backup of the pages to repair the J30t stereo display.

Please let me know. Thanks!

fourdrinie

let me look for it, send me your email address

Niti QX4

Well, I can't seem to send a PM to you for some reason. Can you shoot me one and I'll reply back?

fourdrinie

I sent you a pm

Niti QX4

email sent, thank you!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”