Steps to replace Fuel Injector

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Rogerw

I have never replaced a fule injector before so please forgive my ignorance. :help

My son bought himself a 1992 240 SX, which needs a new fuel injector in cyl #2. I determined this by noting that cyl #2 was not firing, but it is getting spark and by listening to the fule injectors. We can hear a distinctive click in 1, 3-4, but nothing in #2.

What is involved in replacing this fuel injector. It cannot be as simple as removing the two screws from the cap on top of it and pulling it out.

We have not been able to find a manual locally, so I have been searching the web and found this great site. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,Roger

drjohn

To be honest!!! Yes it is!! but first you need to check the connection to the injector by moving it around when the eng. is running. If the cyl. starts firing the connection is bad. If not you need to bleed the fuel pressure off before removing the injector. This can be done by removing the fuel pump fuse or relay, and then crank the eng. until it won't start. Then you can remove the injector.

Rogerw

Turned out it was a piece of cake, once I grabbed it with some vice grips. I guess my fingers are to big to get a good grip with them.

I rubbed a little vaseline jel on the new o-rings and used a socked to make sure I pressed down in the new one evenly. It went right in, the car runs a lot better and my son is once again able to hot rod around.

Thanks for the help.

Roger

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”