Steering Wheel Switches

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

Anyone know where i can buy generic steering wheel switches for the car? I don't feel like coughing up $700 at the stealership, who told me they tried to service the car, but didn't actually do anything. All caught on dash cam :mad:

cliffyk
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 w/ "Premium" package

Looking for used parts on eBay is your best bet...

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

It's a crime what relatively simple parts cost for any car, but ours seem to be in the same class as Jag's, BM's, Merc's, and Audi. I doubt there even IS an option to find these switches made by anyone other than Nissan. You really have only 2 choices: OEM replacement, or junkyard / used parts from a similar year M sedan. I usually buy parts form a place online that sells new OEM parts for about 1/2 the price of the dealership. Infinitipartsonline ships quickly (if in stock) and they never send the wrong item, but for lowest price, cliffy is right - search Ebay for the pieces or even an entire steering wheel - they have companies that part out totalled vehicles for close to a reasonable price.

cliffyk

There are several M37 steering wheels, with switches, currently listed on eBay--priced from $50 to $150.

Here's a sample:

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

Thanks guys. I'll try ebay. Used parts on ebay is a gamble, but hopefully ebay comes through at a fraction of the cost.

cliffyk

In 20 years of ebay buying i have only once had an issue with a product or vendor. That was with a Tektronix 496 Spectrum Analyzer that had been advertised as working well and meeting all specs, turned out it had been cobbled together from mismatched parts taken from several Tek 49x analyser models, most noticeably a 2nd local oscillator from a lower-end 492 model. eBay and PayPal (always pay with PayPal and a credit card on eBay) backed me up 100% .

I have purchased numerous parts for my P.O.S. 1998 SL500 (the most frustrating car I have ever owned¹) from eBay vendors and have never had a problem. Check the vendor's feedback before purchasing, and alway pay with a credit card or through PayPal using a credit card--and remember that eBay does not sell anything. it is just a platform from which individuals and vendors sell stuff.

¹ - I purchased my 1998 Mercedes SL500 in July of 2014 with 53k miles on it. It was a one owner car (a couple in Palm Beach), always garaged and was in VG+ condition inside and out--full documentation of all maintenance and the original window sticker were provided--CarFax verified all this. It had just had a new top and new top hydraulics installed in January of 201--which in hindsight should have sent me running.

Why does an always garaged 16 year old $101,275.00 car with 53k miles nee a new top and hydraulics? TUrns out it is because this particular model of Mercedes is a piece of crap--developed during their silly marriage to Chrysler, and while the "green" party was calling the shots in Germany. All the plastics and synthetic materials were engineered to be biodegradable; and they did and continue to--interior and engine parts (cam oiler tubes, timing chain guides...)

It is fun to drive, and very classy, but what a PITA to own !!!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”