Steering Interest swap

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
N2mesnob
Car: 95' SE Pathfinder

So I'm taking on a new project but I think I will require some help to get it done.
I don't think this project will be hard to accomplish but any intellectual help will be greatly appreciated.
So i was thinking I would change out the steering wheel in my 95' WD21
with one I pulled from an from an 00' Maxi
So I know it will fit for the most part but i would like to retain the cruise control and the horn don't care bout the airbag.
The question than becomes would it be easier to retro fit the clockspring or retro fit my old connector ring
to the new steering wheel.

N2mesnob

Ok so here's where I'm at, on my rig I only have three wires to contend with for the horn and the cruise control.
So than I took a look at the base bracket on the column and what I found was kinda amazing to me.
In the sense the more things change the more they stay the same.
Now the base of the WD21
is not the same as the Maxi but there are some similarities.
At first I thought I'd do some test fits to see if the Maxi base would fit on the WD21. I than realized the Maxi tree did not have controls for the rear window and the base had no way of anchoring to the column. Anchoring aside I than thought what if I could place the WD21 tree on the Maxi base :ohno: . No joy :tisk: So now I'm thinking it would be best to leave the WD21 tree and base on the column and fabricate a mounting plate out of aluminum to connect the Maxi clockspring and WD21 base.
My concerns than become 1. How thick does or can this plate be?
2. Is the Airbag and the auto reset of the turn signals the only things I lose in this project (Jus for the record if it is than I'm good)?
3. Is there a way to keep the turn signal reset with the new swap?
4. Which of the three wires on the WD21 is the horn and which is the cruise control?
5. On the Maxi steering wheel which of the wires are for the horn and which ones are for the cruise control?

N2mesnob

Ok so i Opted to go with the clockspring
but i had to mod it to fit
to fit the also modified base
and mod the column cover
next up wireing

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”