steering wheel mode button.

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
onetirespitfire
Car: 08 nissan titan PRO4x

I just bought a 08 Titan Pro4x and after 4000 miles my CD player just stopped working. I also noticed that that my mode button on the steering wheel makes a click or a cracking noice when i push it all the way down. the dealer fixed my cd player (after waiting a week for parts) but they say that the noise in normal. does anyones button do the same thing or is my dealer just makeing this up to not have to replace it?

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

onetirespitfire wrote:I just bought a 08 Titan Pro4x and after 4000 miles my CD player just stopped working. I also noticed that that my mode button on the steering wheel makes a click or a cracking noice when i push it all the way down. the dealer fixed my cd player (after waiting a week for parts) but they say that the noise in normal. does anyones button do the same thing or is my dealer just makeing this up to not have to replace it?
I have an 04 Titan and none of my buttons make any noise like you describe. I'd prbably go to the dealer and as soon as the service person says its normal, walk over to a new titan on the lot and check it out with him. If it makes the noise, you're fine. If not, then he better be replacing your switch. It's likely an easy repair. I replaced mine when I bought my Titan as the previous owner gouged it up a bit. Took me less than an hour, with the airbag removal taking the longest amount of time. I'm sure the dealer can do it in less time.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”