Steering Wheel Controller Bluetooth Module

All things Altima Coupe.
jp2code
Car: 1994 2wd D21 Hardbody, Longbed, V6
2001 2wd Automatic Xterra SE
2004 Sentra

The Altima Coupe with the Steering Wheel Controls controls radio functions through a Bluetooth module that is supposed to be located somewhere in the truck of the car.

Could someone tell me where the Steering Wheel Control Bluetooth Module is located?

The Service Manual says it is in the truck on the driver's side of my 2012 Altima Coupe.

Is it showing in the picture? I pulled all of the carpet out, but I can't find it.

However, I don't know what it looks like.

I pulled the carpet back on my 2012 Coupe, but I did not see a module.

Here is a short video of the area. If you see something that looks like a Bluetooth module, can you tell me how many seconds you are into the video when it appears?

kotika98
Car: Sylphy (Altima)

First of all, the location varies by model year, I have this from a doc here:
https://imgur.com/q7re1LJ

So you should look under the front seats as well. The box is not too small, maybe 5 inches wide and 3 deep, judging from the photo.

https://imgur.com/WgphD8l

I am looking into it right now for my circa 2010 Altima-like asian car called Sylphy. some docs seem suggestive of being able just to plug in the damned thing without any adapters whatsoever into a Sony using a headphone jack. You splice it into the 20P connector, and you are done!
See here:
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support- ... fo_id=1470

jp2code
2004 Sentra

This weekend, I also pulled out the Rear Parcel Shelf*, or RPS. The local dealership suggested it was under there.

The only way I could get to it was by folding the rear seats down, and crawling inside from the back seat area. It made me really claustrophobic. My muscles kept cramping up in that tiny space as I was trying to get the parts removed.

It was NOT under that RPS!

Some of the clips snapped, of course, so reassembling the RPS was no simple matter.

RPS - Rear Parcel Shelf*, or RPS: This is what the manual calls that area covering the rear speakers. It describes this rear shelf area as the location for transporting mail. Now you know, so crawl back there and put your mail in that area. lol

kotika98

Try under the front seats.

jp2code
2004 Sentra

kotika98 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 am
Try under the front seats.
I can try under the seats. Is there anything special I should know before trying to pull a seat out? And, any suggestion on which one I should pull first (driver's side or passenger's side)? The seats are too low to the floor to look underneath.

The Service Manual, though, shows that it should be in the trunk, where my first post shows it is NOT.

jp2code
2004 Sentra

The image above is for the Bose Audio.

The Base Audio, like mine has, is shown below.

That leads me to think it is located in the Rear Parcel Shelf area, but I didn't see it there this weekend.

Sorry, but no pictures. It was too tight of an area, so I had no way to get a pic that would show everything with no Bluetooth controller.

kotika98

Either page 66 or page 70 of the manual is lying, and your efforts seem to indicate both are lying...

jp2code
2004 Sentra

kotika98 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 am
Either page 66 or page 70 of the manual is lying, and your efforts seem to indicate both are lying...
LOL - yeah, I gave up and called the local dealership.

I'm bringing the car in today for a free Spring Inspection. I know they are just going to try to find something wrong with it, but they said while it is there they can change the pinouts on that connector so it is compatible with aftermarket stereos.

Apparently, it is common to need this done.

jp2code
2004 Sentra

So, I went to the dealership.

They said they don't know where it is.

They recommended that I take my car to a car stereo shop.

UselessMotherFukers.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”