Steering Wheel Control with aftermarket radio

All things Altima Coupe.
lasaint

Hey guys - I have a 2008 AC and am planning on replacing stock Bose (non-nav) radio with an aftermarket / Android radio. I wanted to keep my factory Bose radio but LCD screen is starting to act up; screens gets really dim with inconsistent lighting. Anyhow, any tips, instructions on how to retain steering wheel controls? Do I need to purchase the ASWC-1 adapter or is there a more cost-effective way? The aftermarket radio does have the steering wheel "control" - not sure which wire(s) I need to splice with factory?

Thanks in advance.

lasaint

Got this to work (somewhat) without purchasing the ASWC-1 adapter. The volume +/- and search +/- on the steering wheel. You will lose the BT hands-free from the factory; but that feature already is offered through the aftermarket radio. Otherwise, everything works great! Here are the wires that you will need to use from the factory harness to your aftermarket radio. This worked for a 2008 AC.

key 1 goes to white/green (factory harness) pin 6
key 2 goes to grey/blue (Factory harness) pin 16
ground the blue/black (factory harness) pin 15 to just the black wire from the aftermarket radio, labeled ground

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”