Steering Lock

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
iceblock
Car: 2011 Cube 1.8 SL

Hi we have a 2010 Cube 1.8 SL which needed the Steering Lock Module replaced after only 10,000 Km because it would not start in a public parking lot and had to be towed to the Dealer. Have many owners had this issue? It definitly doesn't make one feel very comfortable knowing that at anytime their brand new vehicle may not start because of this. Is there a way to either have the module removed or bypassed. I don't particularily care if the steering locks or not. Thank you

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

never heard of that, you could try searching through the Versa forum and see if anyone else has had the same problems.

iceblock
Car: 2011 Cube 1.8 SL

Thanks for the reply Chompsticks, I'll check that out. Yes, you know when you push the ignition switch, if you listen you will hear the steering lock module in the steering column release. Well when that module quits working, you hear nothing. You push the ignition and nothing happens because the electronic connection is disrupted and the whole module has to be replaced just so the car will start. It's a faulty part that just quits working. The remotes have to be reprogrammed as well after the module is replaced and if it wasn't under warranty can be aprox. a $400 to $500 job.

CubeSilverMadrid

Hello, I just get all the syntoms yesterday. I discard the FOB battery drain. I will try to call the dealer. The only different thing that i did was let the wheels turned in the last parking. Thanks.

CSM-

Return to “Cube Forum”