Steering Issue

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Scootter

Just leased a 2018 q60 red sport. Once I got it out on the open road, I noticed what I think is (or might be) a problem with the steering. After I get it up to a decent speed, the car seems to consistently require frequent minor corrections to keep the car centered in the lane. It doesn’t appear to favor the right or left, the necessary corrections can require a clockwise or counterclockwise slight turn of the wheel. I had the car in standard mode, and upon changing it to sport it improved slightly. It just has a kind of “squirrelly” feel that doesn’t seem normal. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any thoughts on this?

FroggerQ50RS
Car: Infiniti Q50RS

Do you have the Dunlop RFTs? I believe most of the time this problem has been contributed to the RFTs. Changing to standard tires (Michelin Pilot Sports, for example) has usually solved it or at least reduced it considerably.

Scootter

No, I don't have the run flat tires. Other info: the car is rear wheel drive, and does not have direct adaptive steering or that lane control feature.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

If you have the Direct Adaptive Steering system, than you are likely experiencing the normal transition to from something normal, to something very different.

What happens if you do not correct the cars' tendency to wander?

If the car can see the lane lines it will center itself. Over time most people learn to expect the self correction. In some cases it will actually steer you through some very minor curves on the highway.

BlackRag
Car: Black 2018 Q60 3.0T RWD Luxe 19 Dunlop RFT.

When I first got my 2018 RWD 3.0T Luxe on the road, I had kinda same feeling. My wife even asked why I was driving so badly. After 2 weeks now, I'm completely adapted.

My car also doesn't have any of the adaptive controls for speed or lane, which quite honestly is something I did not wanted on it on the first place. Has the 19 wheel and the Dunlop RFT.

My question is: How to activate Sport+ mode on this vehicle. The button is there on the screen but faded out. You can't set it! I don't even know if the car has DAS or not.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

On a standard car with zero frills if the toe opens up a slight bit it can do that, it begins to let each wheel attempt to drive the car with them fighting each other. A change from standard hydraulic power steering to electric PS can do it too as it is more sensitive.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I only noticed that issue when I have adaptive lane control on. Otherwise the factory tires suck and will tramline (follow road ruts).

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”